2013 "Rough Guide" to Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neveragain!

Re: 2013 "Rough Guide"

Post by neveragain! »

Hi Sally-Anne
I am shocked to see the disparity between the PAN and qualified figures for RLS. Please excuse my ignorance but does this mean that there will some children who qualified and who live in catchment but may not be offered a place? Or does the qualified figure include a large number of OOC children?
Sally-Anne

Re: 2013 "Rough Guide" to Allocations

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, it will inevitably include a lot of OoC children "travelling hopefully".
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Jpk wrote:Any ideas from the forum on what is driving the huge increase in first preferences for Beaconsfield High this year (up almost 40 per cent). :?
I also think that when aschool has shown 'all offered' the year before it may stimulate people to think they should put it first as there may be a better chance! This certainly seemed the case when we were looking at schools a couple of years ago - Borlase for example was all offered to a wide area the year before - but boy did that change when the allocations came out! I heard comments at both that school, and WHS that people were looking from a long way away because they had been 'all offered'' the year before. :D
neveragain!

Post by neveragain! »

Many thanks for your speedy response Sally-Anne, you have put my mind at rest! It never entered my head to question whether my other two children would be offered a place or not, having achieved the qualifying score, but there does seem to have been a huge jump in qualified numbers this year.....
Poppet3

Post by Poppet3 »

Reading through all the information in this thread would it be correct to assume that, once the successful selection review candidates are added to the existing numbers, Bucks will have far more successful applicants than in a typical year? I guess I know the answer to this really but, as a (just) OOC parent I find it more therapeutic to worry out loud so to speak :D Will there be any way of finding out, ahead of March, roughly how many successful selection reviews there have been? I'm thinking these numbers are suggesting it's time to start thinking very seriously about plans B, C and so on :lol:
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

One final question from me, are the 2013 numbers are pre-appeal / selection review, and the numbers for the earlier years are after appeals (ie the final numbers), or are they truly like-for-like. Thanks!
Poppet3

Post by Poppet3 »

Another question from me too...does anyone happen to know if any similar information is available as yet for Slough Consortium?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Poppet3 wrote:would it be correct to assume that, once the successful selection review candidates are added to the existing numbers, Bucks will have far more successful applicants than in a typical year?
Yes, that is correct. I am afraid I have no idea if Slough publish the same information.

jpk, the numbers are quite definitely like for like, and they are all pre-appeal/review.
Poppet3

Post by Poppet3 »

Me again...sorry- especially as I'm sure I've seen the answer to this question a while ago on the forum, but can't now find it. Do we know how many children overall have qualified for a Bucks grammar place - prior to the inclusion of successful selection review candidates that is?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's in this thread - 1902.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now