Well Done Burnham Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

drummer

Well Done Burnham Grammar School

Post by drummer »

Just wanted to say well done to BGS! Of all the schools my children and I are involved with or have knowledge of BGS has by far, the best communications. They have a texting system and remind you about trips, when payments are due etc AND text early enough in the morning to say if the school is open or not on a snowy day
flossie

Re: Well Done Burnham Grammar School

Post by flossie »

Yes their communication system is fantastic. Also, we have pastoral leaders now for each year group (starting from 2012) who are not teaching staff, and this means they devote their time to ensuring the children are doing well at school and happy. My youngest has found settling in (year 7) a bit tricky, and the pastoral leader is so supportive, emails are responded to that day and dealt with, phone calls returned promptly. Equally any sniff of bullying is stamped on. All teaching staff from the top down are approachable as well. It is also performing very well, academically. I am really impressed with BGS, with one child in Year 7 and one in Year 9, it is an excellent school and I highly recommend it.
scary mum

Re: Well Done Burnham Grammar School

Post by scary mum »

Hear, hear. They may not do as well as some of the other grammars academically, but I agree, the communication is fantastic, and pastoral care very good, and if I email anyone I usually get a call almost too quickly for them to have read the email!
scary mum