12+ successes details

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chaminda

12+ successes details

Post by chaminda »

Hi Patricia/Anne,
I have followed your site for the last 3 years and found to be very helpful to great many of us parents.
My DD sat for her 11+ in 2011 and was unsuccessful. She managed to pass the 12+ this year and is eligible to go to a grammar school starting September 2013.
We are in the catchment area for the Wycombe High(1.4 miles walking/driving). Do you have any records to indicate how many of children passing 12+ has actually have got a grammar school to go to ? If you have any details on 12+ successes for us, we greatly appreciate to see them.
Many thanks.
Chaminda
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+ successes details

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi chaminda, and welcome!
chaminda wrote:We are in the catchment area for the Wycombe High(1.4 miles walking/driving). Do you have any records to indicate how many of children passing 12+ has actually have got a grammar school to go to ?
As of July 2012 the current Y7 at WHS was completely full, unfortunately.

I am afraid it is very likely that you may need to go to an appeal. Being only 1.4 miles away and in catchment is a good start for that though.

Sally-Anne
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Last year's late transfer (12+) allocations can be found in two pdfs at the bottom of this page, one for the May first round and one for the second round:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... _2012.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

It is last year's data so may only give an indication of likely popularity. I was in your position last year and used contacts and discreet enquiries to find out where the vacancies where! Last year, WHS had no vacancies for late transfer and as Sally-Anne has stated, the current Y7 is full. Therefore you would be left hoping for a student to leave the school to create a vacancy or go to oversubscription appeal.
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Hi moderators is there anyway of finding out how much place are available in the current year 7?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

For which school? I have the figures here for the admissions last September, and those are likely to still be pretty accurate.

If you wanted a precise figure you would need to call the school itself - only they will know. (Well, Admissions might, but I think they have other things on their minds at the moment!)
sana15

Post by sana15 »

S-A for BHS and BGS. I did call BHS but they declined to say. I don't suppose anyone have any inside knowledge?
lisa.1988

Post by lisa.1988 »

BHS definitely has at least two places as my daughters class is 28 and can take 30. At the start of the year they had one our two places per class (5 classes in year 7). A couple of new girls have started - including one transferring from WHS!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There was one available at BGS last I heard, which was December time. I think they were supposed to be full but one person didn't show up in September. I thought the figures were on the Bucks CC website. I'll see if I can find them.

This might help

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... or_web.pdf
scary mum
Cargogirl

Post by Cargogirl »

Worth checking with individual schools.
However, my DD at WHS and has a space in her class, vacated by the one who went to BHS, so definitely one space, may be one or two more but can't say for sure.
Hope that gives you a little hope?
VR1234

Post by VR1234 »

Hi

Write to Bucks CC under the Freedom of Information Act and they will tell you. It takes about 10 days to get a response though.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now