Do you think this will be recommended

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It is also worth checking that the school administers the practice papers correctly and sends them home. I helped some children win appeals partly because the familiarisation was not done correctly in their school and they missed by one or two VR marks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

One of my schools last year administered test 1, 2 and then A.

It is quite clear that that test A is slightly easier and must be taken first, followed by tests 1 and 2 [ of the same difficulty as the real tests]

The incorrect order did not affect my student, but of course it may have had a different outcome for another child, especially those who have not been coached/tutored.

Patricia
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

does the tutors verbal reasoning cd include A C H I L K N O S, and is that needed in the Bexley 11 plus?
I am finding this thread rather difficult to understand (sorry! I didn't pass my 11 plus!), are we saying that A C H I L K N O S does not appear often enough or not at all in the nfer practice papers but may come up in the actual test?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Bexley 2

If you are referring to the NFER multiple-choice, 21 question format that is used in Bucks then:

Firstly, NFER papers do not contain any HIKNOS questions, or questions 16-21 on The Tutors VR CD1 demo.

Secondly, closer analysis of the NFER papers show that type A (The Tutors type 1) only occurs once in the four papers available.

Thirdly, Patricia does not advocate the use of NFER papers independently she always states that they should be used alongside other resources that do include the full question set.

Regards

Mike
k2008

Post by k2008 »

my child has done the Bond assessment papers,also all S.Daugherty books except Bright Sparks,done some IPS papers and NFER papers.... , do we still need to buy TUTORS CD for verbal reasoning,especially CD 2 for verbal reasoning?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

The Tutors VR CD2 was written as part of a preparation process. They are the only papers that we are aware of that contain all 21 question types in one papers.

They were written so that students could complete one paper with all 21 types so that an assesment can be made on which types they were struggling on, then use VR CD1 for extra revision.

This, we thought, would be of benefit, when the alternative is to complete two, eighty question papers with the overlaps contained in them.

After completion of CD2 we recommend that students complete papers that are as close to the real test as possible.

Is there a "need" for anyone to buy one of The Tutors products?

We do find that they are becoming increasingly recommended. This is because the CDs have only been on the market for twelve months or less and some people are unaware of them.

Regards

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now