Bucks Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nosey

Bucks Results

Post by Nosey »

The passmark in Bucks set at NFER Standardised score of 121. How did everyone do?

Post by guest »

I know of two students who achieved maximum of 141. There were no surprises at my childs school although having read forums on other sites it appears a number of people who expected their child to do well have in fact ended up with scores in the border zone. I am interested to know how the appeals will work this year as for the first time there is no review stage prior to that. Any ideas anyone?
Nosey

Bucks appeals

Post by Nosey »

If the result of the child did not meet the hurdle by a whisker then there is a "Selection Appeal" that can be envoked, whereby you need to contact the head teacher of your preferred school directly. Last year there were 400 appeals and 160 were successful. 80% of successful cases last year were scores of 116 to 120, and these were "strongly" supported by the headteachers! You can contact the Admission Team in Bucks on 01296383016

Post by guest »

Hmmm. What I would like to know (having fallen foul of the appeals system in the past) is how many children with a score of 116 -120 and strong support DIDN'T win their appeal. A far more interesting and relevant statistic in my view, and yes I have requested this information and surprise surprise they are unable to tell me. The system stinks and believe me (and I'm sorry for anyone who is about to undergo an appeal) a high border zone score and strong support is no guarantee of success. Good luck to you all.

Post by Guest »

To Guest

I am in the same boat and frantic. 120 when she should have got 135+ (school say so).

She was ill etc - I have posted my long story under Buckinghamshire, but am panicking myself stupid about the appeal - I am really worried we will not be in the 85% successful!!
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hi Nosey

My son passed and got 124 pretty much what we expected. One child at our school did get top marks but most whom passed(19 I think) were between 123 and 135.

I know we had a few surprises with children not passing which just shows anxiety is justified and one can never really tell.

Mel
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The pass rate in my son's school was much higher than usual this year: about 10 instead of 4 out of 60; I was wondering whether this is specific to his school or if it's a trend. Have other parents noticed a difference with the previous years?

PS Hi Mel, glad to see that you are still hanging around this forum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now