Dinner and breakfast pre 11+ - any advice please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2Girlsmum

Re: Dinner and breakfast pre 11+ - any advice please?

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Liquid raw cocao ...dp would like that one mixed with vodka! We have been giving dd blueberries and fish oil, but she hates coconut water (though likes the ice-cream). I haven't heard of Epsom Salts baths since I was a child....My father had them after a hard day at work:)
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I think we will all need the vodka by Thursday evening. I think I would prefer the cacao with rum. :roll:
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Yup! DD2 is sitting the St Michael's exams in Barnet on Friday (English, Maths, VR and NVR all in one day) and the Latymer exam on Saturday (2 CEM papers ). It has taken over this week since DD1 (already at St M's) announced yesterday the head stated that the applications this year are at a record high :evil:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Hey, dont knock the stodge, the wheels of the industrial revolution were turned by pie, and jam roly poly.
As we have courgettes, runner beans, beetroot and blacberries sitting in baskets and tubs and bowls all round the house, fridge, freezer etc, this weeks diet will be mostly based on various recipes involving those three, as it has been now for three weeks! Roll on the sweetcorn and leek harvest, before i have outright mutiny. Scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast with ketchup is obligatory before tests, footy and rugby matches and cross country races, and thankfully the hens obliged this morning, and hopefully will do on Thursday, it seems to work, and has become a psychological must for the boys now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yes, I've almost given up on things to hide courgettes in, the family are beginning to go off runner beans in a big way and if the tomatoes ever do decide to ripen, I suspect that they will all do it at the same time and everyone can get bored with salad and tomato soup as well. I'm hanging on to the kale for the time being, though.

I told DS2 what he was meant to have for supper on the 20th and he was not in the slightest bit impressed with the one small boiled spud idea, I'm afraid :lol: I was just wondering whether the potato had to be the Ministry-approved hen's egg size of old? He was quite keen on the broccoli, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:I think we will all need the vodka by Thursday evening. I think I would prefer the cacao with rum. :roll:
Thank you Tinkus-Pinkus. It is a Lovely idea. But this time around, I will just need sleep and rest. Anything stronger then water will definitely finish me off.

This was a very stresfull 10 months and I am emotionally drained. It should not be this way. We should be able to enjoy our kids and let them have a peacefull childhood.
future

Post by future »

Is this all a tad 'over the top'? I am all for 'if you fail to prepare,you prepare to fail' but all this just adds to all the anxiety they are going through. It is only my humble opinion...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ah, a fellow heretic, I see :lol:

Salmon and asparagus sounds quite a nice idea for a meal, but unless one actually manages to give one's DC food poisoning the night before I seriously suspect (DH, a doctor, would just say 'know' here) that the precise composition of the meal makes very little difference. Should DS2 fail to make the grade, I for one will not be beating myself up over the number of potatoes we let him eat the evening before :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Salmon and asparagus sounds quite a nice idea for a meal, but unless one actually manages to give one's DC food poisoning the night before I seriously suspect (DH, a doctor, would just say 'know' here) that the precise composition of the meal makes very little difference. Should DS2 fail to make the grade, I for one will not be beating myself up over the number of potatoes we let him eat the evening before
Hear, hear. All food is broken down to the same basics (energy, amino acids etc). One meal the night before is going to make no difference at all and I would be interested to know how potatoes help transport anything to the brain. However a sustaining breakfast would be a very good thing and I did give my son bananas on the way to school when he was doing his 11 plus, if only to get a little extra something into him as he isn't a great breakfast eater.
scary mum
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

We gave dd1 a home-made blueberry and banana milkshake before her test as eating the banana was hard on a nervous tummy. We plan on the same with dd2 on Friday:)