Dinner and breakfast pre 11+ - any advice please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mumofboy

Re: Dinner and breakfast pre 11+ - any advice please?

Post by mumofboy »

SleepyHead wrote:Hello Tinkus, please don't leave this thread - I've enjoyed reading the various responses.

:)
SleepyHead
Hello Tinkus, I have enjoyed reading and would be happy to listen to your further advice on: "how to?" You could have your own thread giving us tips what to avoid when trying to gain or loose a few pounds, how to sleep better, how to calm down, how to look young again :? after 11+. I think Rehab section would be a good place..

thank you
mumofboy
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Marylou wrote:
2Girlsmum wrote:
Fourthly I feel attacked and will refrain from advising in future.
I was happy to read your post.
Same here. Anything to boost concentration and brain cells on the day is a plus. Though I'm not sure the children's choice of lunchtime treat after the test (ours is in the morning) would win any awards for nutritional value! :lol:
Hi Marylou, who cares about what happenes after the test? Our kids deserve to be free and have some fun. As we do as well.
We will be able to do nutritional values after bit of a rest and relaxation.

But, I agree as well: anything to boost concentration and brain cells on the day :)
nonplussed

Post by nonplussed »

This seems to be a controversial topic!

I would advise just to feed your child something balanced and healthy, as usual, and give them their favourite snack for the interval in the test if that's allowed. Watching the children queuing at an 11+ test centre yesterday, I was struck by how the children with relaxed looking parents were also less anxious.

So whatever you decide to feed them, keep smiling too!