12+ in bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: 12+ in bucks

Post by southbucks3 »

Do the schools that set their own 12+ ever reveal the format the tests will take, other than "maths, English, science"? How many schools are still under the bcc umbrella for 12+ testing? Presumably those that set their own tests can change it right up to the day of the test if they desire?
Just wondering, as ds may be going down the 12+ route next year.
abeb

Post by abeb »

Have checked the BCC website - it will be the CEM test for Burnham, Beaconsfield High, Sir Henry Floyd and Royal Latin, not just for 12+ but also for the 13+. The other Bucks grammar schools each have their own procedures.
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Gutted! We were expecting 12+ results today in the post and they have not arrived. Anyone else got theirs for the schools being administered by BCC?
Dadof2DD

Post by Dadof2DD »

Finally! after the disappointment of last year, my DD made across the line this year...only the first hurdle though. Yet to see if this transforms into a allocation of a place. All the best to the rest who are waiting.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Dadof2DD wrote:Finally! after the disappointment of last year, my DD made across the line this year...only the first hurdle though. Yet to see if this transforms into a allocation of a place. All the best to the rest who are waiting.
Congrats and good luck to your dd, which school does she want to attend?
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

I left work at lunch to work from home so I could get post! So pessimistic after all the trials of last year.

And yeahhhh my daughter also passed. Such a relief. And agreed that the next hurdle is seeing if there is a place.

Its a long time to wait.

Good luck to all
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Hi all

Been a while since I've been on here :) Dd also passed 12 plus for SHFG. We also know of one of her friends who did (same score!). Proud of her as we purposely did no prep at all. Not sure if there are many/any places at SHFG though? Just have to wait and see I suppose.

Keep up the good work Sally-Anne and Etienne :wink:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I believe there are places at the Floyd but not as many as usual.

Well done to all 12+ qualifiers - don't worry about not coping in Year 8 - they'll be fine.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations to all who have been successful, and I do hope that the schools deliver places.

I'm especially delighted for you, buzzybee. It was a long and painful journey for you back in 2012/13, but justice has now been done.

I couldn't be happier for you and your DD. :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Well done, buzzybee and others! :)
Delighted to hear your news.

Good luck with getting a place.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now