12+ in bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anotherdad

Re: 12+ in bucks

Post by anotherdad »

ConfusedAylesburyMum wrote:Tried calling SHF to find out how may Year 7s there currently are (I can see their intake is 150 per year) but they would not tell me.

If anyone finds out how many they currently have in year 7, could they post it please?
I haven't got numbers as at today but I know that 142 children were allocated to SHF by the end of the 2012-13 academic year (in other words, to start in year 7 in September 2013). That left 8 spaces. If any of those 142 didn't start or extra children moved into the area and qualified since then the number will have changed.
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

I wonder why they won't tell you? I have emailed them. Surely that information should be made available.

A colleague at work knows the Chair of Governors at the school so she is going to have a probe!

Will let you know if I hear anything.
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Thanks BuzzyBee and anotherdad

They just said they did not give out that sort of information and that I should ring the County Council (which I have not done).

Just wondered if there is anyway of finding out how many took the 12+ for SHF, how many passed (I know of 2 who did not) and wouldn't it be lovely to know where all those who passed live! I know.... dream on. But its such a long time to wait before we find out after all the trials of the last year.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Ultimately, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait impatiently! I went through the same process two years ago and it is a long wait until allocations are made (early May for us two years ago). At the time I knew the exact number of vacancies but had no idea how many would include our chosen GS on the list or where they lived. As it happened, my daughter got in comfortably, with the allocation going out to something like 17 miles (we live in the same town).
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Hi all

I got an email back from SHF office. They said the PAN is 150 (which we knew) and there are currently 144 pupils attending the school in Year 7.

Great there are spaces, but from my dd's Junior school there were 5 that passed the Floyd 12 plus exam and one has a sibling there already and the others live nearer to the school even though we are in the same town. Who knows how many others that have passed - going to be a nervous wait. Tbh, not holding out much hope :?
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Quick note to add, the email was from school admissions not SHF office!
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Thanks buzzybee - that's really helpful even if a bit worrying!
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Although it is worth saying that some of those who I know passed are also taking the High School exam tomorrow (not sure how many places they have if any).
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Glad to help. Dd isn't taking the AHS exam. I wonder if there are spaces there too?

Also wondering if SHF ever go over their PAN? Will be such a shame if our children miss out on a place after all this time when we know they would cope fine in a Grammar school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

buzzybee wrote:Also wondering if SHF ever go over their PAN?
Yes, they do. These were the numbers on roll by year group in January 2013:

Y7 124
Y8 153
Y9 150
Y10 158
Y11 153
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now