12+ in bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jackdaw

Re: 12+ in bucks

Post by jackdaw »

Hi all,
I have just read the previous posts.
My son passed the 13+ and despite there supposedly being no places has been offered a GS Y9 place for Sept locally, which of course we are delighted about.
I just wonder if anyone has any idea if or when Bucks will publish a late transfer allocation profile, as they did for Sept 13 entry:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/891236/ ... 052012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just curiosity really but we'd like to know if he's going to be on his own starting or whether there'll be a group - or if he's going to be an 'extra' in a full class, which might be more difficult for him.
Thanks for any info
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Not sure about the other grammars but Borlase potentially admit another class of children at the start of year 9 (the start of their KS4)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

kittymum wrote:Not sure about the other grammars but Borlase potentially admit another class of children at the start of year 9 (the start of their KS4)
jackdaw wrote:Hi all,
I have just read the previous posts.
My son passed the 13+ and despite there supposedly being no places has been offered a GS Y9 place for Sept locally, which of course we are delighted about.
I just wonder if anyone has any idea if or when Bucks will publish a late transfer allocation profile, as they did for Sept 13 entry:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/891236/ ... 052012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just curiosity really but we'd like to know if he's going to be on his own starting or whether there'll be a group - or if he's going to be an 'extra' in a full class, which might be more difficult for him.
Thanks for any info
Are you happy to say where he's going? I would have thought someone on here will know of others going, if they are.
scary mum
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Allocations for the Late Transfers are now on BCCs website and amazingly SHFGS is taking 34 into Year 8! Thought they only had 8 places?

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1921939 ... ummary.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

They must have added an extra class. :shock:

There were definitely 144 pupils in Y7 as of January, so 6 places at that point. I think we would have heard about it if 28 pupils had left in the space of a single term!
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Thank you for that link, that's really interesting. A friend whose ds was offered SHFG told me there was to be an extra class but I wasn't sure if the information was reliable but it seems it was! I'm very glad now dd decided not to take the exam for AHS. I don't think she would have been happy if she had got the one place that was offered. At least this way, there will be quite a few of them starting at the same time.
Thirstycamel

Post by Thirstycamel »

Told you so!!
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Thanks for the link to the allocations. He won't be on his own now, that was the main concern!

BTW I thought WHS had advertised 30 Y9 places available, and have allocated 12 - I wonder what happened there?
1lurker

Post by 1lurker »

We recieved our letter yesterday confirming our 12+ appeal was sucessful for RLS!!!

DS was rather emotional... but today he is all smiles :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now