year 7 places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

I don't think Leighton Buzzard is in catchment for Royal Latin either - surely it's in Beds, not Bucks?

Post by Guest »

I meant AHS, not RLS
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You cannot tell from year to year whether you live in the right place - it depends how many qualify, choose the school and live nearer than you do!

You could ask at Open evenings if many girls come from that far away -
yplx

Post by yplx »

Thanks. Yes Leighton Buzzard is in Beds not even in Bucks but the housese there are much better! Of course I should not put the house before my daughter's schooling at this moment
yplx

Post by yplx »

I mean I am living in RLS catchment now but daughter is more interested in AHS. So i am thinking if she can go to AHS if she passed 11+. At the same time I want to buy a house in leighton buzzard which is not in any catchment area. Do I have too much thinking at this crucial moment???
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

yplx - it depends where you live in RLS catchment - some girls in Winslow go to AHS -

You could put AHS first and RLS second - you will get RLS if she qualifies as you are in catchment but there's a chance of AHS as its a higher preference if they CAN offer a place on distance.
Ambridge

Pupil numbers

Post by Ambridge »

Right, kids back to school, all appear happy so...it must be time to think about the 12+!!!

My son is keen to sit the 12+ in April 2008 (he got 3 x 5's in his SATS) and go to our catchment grammar, The Royal Latin School - but I appreciate that in Sept 2007 Year 7 is full, no spaces/places, so IF he was successful next year and we put down RLS we would have to appeal (and we don't do appeals very well!).

I am very interested in learning how many children there are at RLS in Year 7 and how many in Year 8 this year (in other words how many got in via 12+/moved into area/left the school etc since Year 7).

Likewise, if I put on the 12+ form RLS as our first choice and then AGS (the Aylesbury boys school, which I think is full in Year 7) as our second choice and Henry Floyd as our third, if they allocated him say AGS would they provide transport to and from the school (we are about 15 miles from Aylesbury).

I would also be interested in the same figures for AGS and HFloyd if anyone has access to them or could point me in the right direction to look for them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

Ambridge x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Ambridge

Glad to hear that your DS is raring to go! Please ask for any help you need on the 12+, either on the Forum or by PM.

The actual figures should be out soon - I've just dug around on the Bucks website and came up with the numbers for 2006 (at least I now know what I'm looking for) and they were published on 19th Sept 06. I will keep an eye out for them and let you know a.s.a.p.

In the meantime, maybe some kind soul can post numbers for the schools from hearsay.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Thanks for looking. It would be great if the results come out soonish. I'll leave it as a Forum topic for the time being in case it interests any one else in the same situation, but if I start to get a bit personal and self indulgent will PM! x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pupils did get into RLS after 12+ but only on appeal - you will not get transport paid to a non-catchment school if you name it on the form.

Don't know numbers yet wil PM you if I find out anything useful ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now