Hello and Goodbye

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaneH

Hello and Goodbye

Post by JaneH »

Hi,
I have never posted on here before and never will again...I have been one of the silent types that has used the resources on here to get two children through the system in two years. I can't thank Patricia and Sally Anne enough - we did it ourselves, using their advice as a starting point.
I am very grateful for their input - it has guided me through those difficult times when I questioned my methods which were to make it fun, a positive addition to their schooling and not the end of the world if we didn't get there. We did, but I know it would have been ok if we hadn't. Good luck to everyone else who needs to go through this ordeal but don't make it a sole focus for a large period of time...you need to maintain a good relationship with your child when they move on to secondary school, whichever one it may be.
gooddad

Re: Hello and Goodbye

Post by gooddad »

Hi JaneH - I agree with you Sally Anne has helped me in the past with my older DS now waiting for the results of my younger son, but remember its only a test and nothing else, its not the end of the world, and all children will do well no matter where they go , they just need the support.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you, jane and congratulations to you both.

Thank you also, gooddad, and fingers crossed for this afternoon.
gooddad

Post by gooddad »

Thanks Sally-Anne, the thing i feel is is not to get too worried about this 11+ as its only a test i know that all the children have done so well , its a lot of pressure on then and no matter what they all get - its not the end of the world, no matter what my son gets we are all going out tonight and having a fun evening. once again thank for all the help you gave a few years go, my older son is enjoying his G.S but no matter what school he had gone to he would have loved it all the same
SB888

Post by SB888 »

I also wanted to bid farewell. I have been glued to this site on a daily basis for the last three years and have found it an absolute gold mine of information. I'm pleased to report that my job is done - DS1 happily ensconced in GS life and DS2 set to join him in September. Many thanks to all moderators and posters who have shared information and experiences so generously - I am truly grateful.