Selection Review Results: 8th February

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ajayboy

Re: Selection Review Results: 8th February

Post by ajayboy »

DD got through at 116 with extenuating circumstances, strong Headteacher support and high predicted year 6 SAT,s. If nothing else it restored her self confidence. :D

We are out of county and were planning to move into the country near DD's cousin who is also moving into secondary school this year. Due to the initial results we did not move but I did put one of the bucks schools as our first preference as my DD's cousin is planning to go there and I was hedging my bet on the appeal which turned out to be positive.

Not sure if it's too late to move now into the catchment area and what our options are at this stage. Any guidance would be gratefully received as DD is dreaming of attending the secondary school with her cousin.

Thanks in advance !
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which school are you looking at? Are you within the historic allocation distance?

We cannot give you sensible advice without that information.
ajayboy

Post by ajayboy »

It's Aylesbury high school , last year they stopped at around 16 odd miles and we are well beyond that in Hertfordshire . I am keen to relocate permanently near the school as I work in london and can get a train from Aylesbury. I just don't know if my move now will be considered for the permanent address. I don't want to move only to find out that it's too late to be considered at this stage as DD second choice is local school with her class friends.

Thanks
Act73

Post by Act73 »

Hi all and congratulations to everyone who got through on there appeal, Unfortunately we wasn't successful but kind of thought this would be the result as my son only got 112 in his test. It's just a bit of a mine field on what to do next.....do we accept this decision or do we appeal it? His letter said it was a split decision 2/1 with very high sats and was passed onto the moderation who said the same but they said the evidence does not demonstrate academic suitability for grammar school.
He was supported by the head teacher with a 2/2 and predicted sats of 5a in maths and 5a/b in literacy, we had a letter from the school a couple of weeks ago to say they are putting him in for level 6 in both maths and literacy for his sats, which makes me think maybe he would be suitable for a grammar school.....mmmm I don't know maybe a need to speak to his head teacher.
Any advise welcome and thank you.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think with that new information about level 6 then it's worth going to appeal. the new '112' is not the same distance from 121 as it was under the old test.

If you can get an Ed Psych report then that might give you some more information; if it isn;t helpful then you don't have to submit the results.
Pumpkin1000

Post by Pumpkin1000 »

Hi all, we had good news, my DS review was successful, he had scored 116. He had very strong support from the HT and good SAT predictions. I would like to thank Etienne and Sally-Anne, your advise was invaluable.
Ramsay

Post by Ramsay »

Our review was successful also. Our son got 117 with extenuating circumstances and High 5's SATs predictions and has been offered a place at SHF. Just wanted to thank you for the advice I have found on this site and the information freely given by Patricia and Sally-Anne.