Question for Patricia (and others?) about 12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Patricia,

I always wondered why you were always on the forum till so late at night. I now know why, you have three teenagers! Either waiting for them to arrive home or waiting for the taxi call. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Dates for 12 plus I think are 6th and 11th April

Post by Guest »

Patrica, Our local Grammar is Burnham with the next nearest being High Wycombe - i didnt even put Wycombe down as i did not want the travelling time for my son so its Burnham or nothing(we didnt even put any others on our preference sheet!). We're about a mile and a half away from Burnham so i suppose all i can do is wait just like thousands of others. Thanks for replying

Anxious mum of 1

Post by Guest »

Patrica, Our local Grammar is Burnham with the next nearest being High Wycombe - i didnt even put Wycombe down as i did not want the travelling time for my son so its Burnham or nothing(we didnt even put any others on our preference sheet!). We're about a mile and a half away from Burnham so i suppose all i can do is wait just like thousands of others. Thanks for replying

Anxious mum of 1
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Re dates, I also had heard these dates but as they are not Saturdays, thought they may be incorrect.

Normally late transfer for immediate admission can be a school day, but for September a Saturday, may have changed, letters for permission to test go out first week in March

good luck

Dear Anxious mum of 1

One of my late transfers from last year was offered Burnham, thoroughly enjoying it, mum happy too, hope you are successful.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Got 12 plus letter yesterday Test on the 11th April. We hadn't expected to hear yet. But we have about 5 weeks to get ready.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Congratulations on getting through the first hurdle, dates, I'm not thinking correctly. 11th is during the Easter holidays therefore county are able to accommodate. Is it at the Grange school?

Good luck with your preparation.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Hi Patricia its at the Misbourne

Post by Guest »

HI
MY DAUGHTER GOT 117 ON HER 11+ AFTER DOING PRACTISE PAPERS AT HOME. SHE WENT ON TO DO THE 12+ AND PASSED WITH A SCORE OF 139, AGAIN BY DOING PRACTISE PAPERS AT HOME.

I THINK WE ALL PERFORM BETTER WHEN WE ARE COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT WITH THE FORMAT OF AN EXAM, THE 11+/12+ IS NO EXCEPTION. I WOULD NOT WANT MY CHILDREN TO DO ANYEXAM WITHOUT DOING SOME PREPARATION FOR IT FIRST.
I ALSO THINK IT A MYTH TO SAY THAT BORDERLINE CHILDREN STRUGGLE AT GRAMMAR SCHOOL, I HAVE A FEELING THIS IS PERPETUATED TO PUT PARENTS OFF FROM APPEALING OR TRYING FOR THE 12+!
MY DAUGHTER SETTLED INTO GRAMMAR SCHOOL WITHOUT A HITCH. SHE DOESN'T SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORK LOAD, OFTEN GETS "A's" AND HAS MADE SOME LOVELY FRIENDS.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOSE CHILDREN WHO GO ON TO TAKE THE 12+

DIANE

Post by Guest »

HI
MY DAUGHTER GOT 117 ON HER 11+ AFTER DOING PRACTISE PAPERS AT HOME. SHE WENT ON TO DO THE 12+ AND PASSED WITH A SCORE OF 139, AGAIN BY DOING PRACTISE PAPERS AT HOME.

I THINK WE ALL PERFORM BETTER WHEN WE ARE COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT WITH THE FORMAT OF AN EXAM, THE 11+/12+ IS NO EXCEPTION. I WOULD NOT WANT MY CHILDREN TO DO ANYEXAM WITHOUT DOING SOME PREPARATION FOR IT FIRST.
I ALSO THINK IT A MYTH TO SAY THAT BORDERLINE CHILDREN STRUGGLE AT GRAMMAR SCHOOL, I HAVE A FEELING THIS IS PERPETUATED TO PUT PARENTS OFF FROM APPEALING OR TRYING FOR THE 12+!
MY DAUGHTER SETTLED INTO GRAMMAR SCHOOL WITHOUT A HITCH. SHE DOESN'T SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORK LOAD, OFTEN GETS "A's" AND HAS MADE SOME LOVELY FRIENDS.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOSE CHILDREN WHO GO ON TO TAKE THE 12+

DIANE
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now