Bus Transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yazzy

Bus Transport

Post by yazzy »

Hi
We are so pleased to find out that my daughter has got a place at AHS , I now need to sort out transport. I had originally applied for Edlesborough but I have never had a reply (probably as I was applying too early) . We are moving to Leighton Buzzard in June and I would really appreciate advice/information on the bus stops around there. I have seen there is one in Wing which is only 5 mins drive and also one in LB but I need to know if this one is a public or private school bus. Any advice regarding where to get the bus from please.
Thank you
southbucks3

Re: Bus Transport

Post by southbucks3 »

I have seen there is one in Wing which is only 5 mins drive
Do you drive a batmobile?

The x15 public bus runs between aylesbury and Milton keynes stopping at Leighton buzzard. Unless it has changed recently it used to be a fairly frequent service, it is on the web, if You type in x15 aylesbury to mk.

There are also buses arranged by Milton Keynes parents that send their kids to aylesbury schools, not sure if they stop at Leighton on route though.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is a map on the school website that shows transport links: http://www.ahsonline.co.uk/Admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Link top map showing buses to Aylesbury.)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The A418 into Aylesbury is often gridlocked all the way back to Wing .... so allow plenty of time for the journey.