IPS Daily practise

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IPS Daily practise

Post by Guest »

My child is finding the IPS papers and daily practise books very hard to do. She is ok with the NFER Tests, infact she enjoys doing the NFER. I am worried also a bit confused, what is the main difference between the two and how important is it for her to be able to do the IPS. She is July born and with NFER she manages to get 70+ questions right. IPS 30 min she has never been able to finish the paper on time.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

The Bucks exam contains 21 types of question.

NFER papers contain only 15 types.

You need to use IPS for the extra 6 types, referred to as HIKNOS. Do a search of the forum for HIKNOS IPS NFER and you will find lots of information.

Post by Guest »

Dear duffymoon,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It all makes since to me now. I hope I haven't left it too late but we will concentrate on the HIKOS. I have been a silent reader of this forum over the pass months and have learnt alot from it.
I would like to thank everyone involved!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

HIKNOS as identified by IPS

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Thanks Patricia,

I am thinking of buying/downloading the CD. Hope it is not going to confuse my child. I can use the CD again for my next one currently in year 4. By the way thanks for all the advise, I never had to ask for anything all the information has always been here!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I can thoroughly recommend the CD/download.

:D
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

With the tests next week I am inclined to keep to pen and paper tests. Have you got any left, if so which ones?

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Dear Patrica,

I have IPS (Purple) 10 tests, Bright Spark pack 1, Nfer VR 4 Tests, also daily practise book 1 and 2.. She has gone through them, apart from these I haven't got anything new. I tried to buy Bright Spark pack 2 but it was out of stock! (We also have SD books 1 - 7 but following your advise stopped using them)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Personally I would consider looking at the 3 practice tests done in school and identifying types found difficult - use the free download to practise these types.

Post by Guest »

We don't have the tests back untill the last one is not done, which is next friday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now