school admission appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MummyA

school admission appeal

Post by MummyA »

Hi
I've read your recent updates (all very informative) about appealing against an unsuccessful selection review and am considering the same. My daughter was unsuccessful at the selection review and there were extenuating circumstances leading up to the 11+ exam; academically my child is a Level 5 ability child. The feedback from the selection review decision was that there was insufficient evidence regarding academic performance and extenuating circumstances.

The Headteacher is committed to supporting the appeal as they believe my child will be best suited for a grammar school place.

I'd appreciate any guidance on the level of detail to include in the school admission appeal form (whether to only use the space provided on the form) and whether to attach the evidence at the same time, or present it later at the appeal hearing (should we be successful to proceed further). One of the appeals will be handled by Bucks CC and the other will be handled by the grammar school itself (although both appeal forms are very similar).

Thank you
Etienne

Re: school admission appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to the forum!

As far as I can see, your questions (whether to only use the space provided on the form, and whether to attach the evidence at the same time or present it later) are all answered in the sticky at the top of the page: "How to appeal against refusal of a Bucks GS place March 2014".
It would be worth reading all of section A and section D to make sure you don't overlook anything:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=36418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need any further advice, please start a thread in the Appeals forum which is where we try and help with individual cases:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
MummyA

Re: school admission appeal

Post by MummyA »

Thank you for your advise. I've read section A and D which is very helpful. Just to clarify from that, what's the best approach to take with the appeal form - more detail or less detail ?

I'm currently still contemplating as to whether to appeal. My daughter scored 106 and having read other's experiences I'm wondering whether I should; although I do feel that due to the extenuating circumstances this impacted her performance.

Any advise greatly received.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now