Test Papers Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: Test Papers Question

Post by Daogroupie »

I am in Herts but off the top of my head our maths papers have recently contained: alegbra, simultaneous equations, nth term, questions requiring BODMAS, plotting the line of an equation ( can't think of the proper term!) lots of angles questions. DG
abc72

Post by abc72 »

Oh! That sounds daunting. Is it true for Bucks too that these sort of maths questions come up? Can any one confirm please?
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

patricia wrote:Hi jpower

The CGP are useful but not perfect, they use types of questions that would not come up in the Bucks test for example cloze where letters are missing. In addition they do not use a separate multiple answer sheet, which is a technique in itself.

Bucks did use cloze last year. I would recommend making up your own using novels and newspapers.

Would also recommend cutting and pasting a few tests so your child gets used to changing quickly from one discipline to another eg …

Comprehension
Maths
Vocabulary
NVR
Cloze

Keep mixing up the order.

Good Luck with your preparation.

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Was Bucks last year a multiple choice answer sheet or is it answer on the page ? and will that format change this year ?

Thanks
Tearing Hair Out Mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Bucks used a separate multiple choice answer sheet and will use again this year.

Patricia
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

KenR wrote:Just a word of warning - If Durham follow the same approach when they introduced CEM 11+ into Warwickshire a few year's ago, then the 2nd year exam will be quite different to the initial exam (and very much harder)

They normally do an easier 1st year exam to allow a gradual transition from GL/NFER to CEM
Berks should be a walk in the park then this year 8)
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

So there we all are trying to keep calm and not panic and then I read KenR comments re this year is much harder in Bucks :(

Is there any evidence to really show this?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No, absolutely none!

Anyway, the test selects the top 30% so it needs to spread out scores which a hard test won't.

The content DG posted is NOT appropriate for Bucks ...
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Oh thats a relief! The CEM exam is hard as it is, don't need to make it harder!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Daogroupie wrote:I am in Herts but off the top of my head our maths papers have recently contained: alegbra, simultaneous equations, nth term, questions requiring BODMAS, plotting the line of an equation ( can't think of the proper term!) lots of angles questions. DG
Do they have different GCSEs for children in Herts, I wonder - as most of this would appear on GCSE papers and if the Herts lot are already there in Year 5 it is difficult to see how they might fill the first five years of secondary school?
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks Guest55 good to hear a voice of reason :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now