Shenley lodge

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Adi

Shenley lodge

Post by Adi »

Hello,

We live in a rented accomodation in shenley lodge. Please advice if it will help us to move now to another area which is in the grammar school catchment to boost our chances ? How about temporarily renting a place just for this purpose? Is it an accepted practise?

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Shenley lodge

Post by scary mum »

Accepted practice? No. Done? Yes. Approved of? No. Check the rules for the school you want, some require you to be living there by a certain date. If you then move back to your own house your child could lose their place.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Adi wrote:Hello,

We live in a rented accomodation in shenley lodge. Please advice if it will help us to move now to another area which is in the grammar school catchment to boost our chances ? How about temporarily renting a place just for this purpose? Is it an accepted practise?

Thanks
I'm afraid I have no idea where or what Shenley Lodge is, but is your question How about temporarily renting a place just for this purpose? Is it an accepted practise? for real? As Scary mum has said, you run the risk of having your child's place taken away if you deliberately flout the rules. Please (for your child's sake) have a good read of the rules regarding residency in the Bucks secondary transfer booklet / on their website - it should answer your question.

If you want to move into the catchment area of a school you would like your child to attend to improve their chance of getting a place, why would you want to move away again as soon as s/he achieved it? Why not stay and give them an easy commute to school? There seem to be lots of grammar schools in Buckinghamshire - surely some of them must be in places that you would actually want to stay in for the duration of your child's secondary school career?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If this is in MK there is no need to move as The Floyd is within range and you have a good local back-up.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I assume you have checked out the catchment for Shenley brook school and denbigh? My two best friends live in north mk, but would have given their eye teeth for a place at shenley brook school, it is outstanding ofted rated isn't it? I know it achieves getting on for 80% a-c include English and maths, Denbigh is not far behind, but both are over subscribed. Are you lucky enough to he near enough to either?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now