Residency requirements for Bucks schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_mum

Residency requirements for Bucks schools

Post by berks_mum »

From what I understood October 1st residency requirements are only for Dr. Challoner's school. Is this the case for other schools as well ? Can I move in the catchment after my DC passes the test (for other schools not DR C) ? Please advise.
Sally-Anne

Re: Residency requirements for Bucks schools

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Secondary Schools Guide has not yet been published for 2015 admissions, but my understanding is that the deadline for address evidence for all schools has been brought forward to October 1st.

Some of the Admissions Policies make the statement explicitly, but others do not. However, Chesham Grammar's Policy includes the following wording:
The County defines October 1st of the qualifying year as the date from which residential evidence should be provided.

This is a change of rules, and is designed to prevent people doing what you describe.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Sally Anne. Do you know when this guide will be published ?

Also, what about people who live on the berks-berks borders eg. Maidenhead. Do they have to move in bucks county ?

I met a dad at a tuition place who has 3 children in Chesham grammar and is now preparing the fourth one for the same school. He lives in Wembley and the 3 children along with others go on a school coach to Chesham grammar - 7.30 every morning. I asked him about the catchment constraints and he said that doesn't seem to be the case as his 3 are already in. Sibling policy or ignorance ?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The importance of the residential address is relative to the popularity of the school. This year is the first year chesham has filled its seats, but it still goes out a long way, it seems more popular now as Watford struggles to provide enough places.
Schools like William borlace and rgs and Wycombe high do not go out very far from their catchment ,if at all, comparably and so a closer address would be more likely to secure a place, but must now be permanent residence prior to October 1st.
The best way to judge will be this year's allocation profiles after second round, see whether your current address falls within the distance your preferred school allocated a place to.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Quick look at the 2014 admission oversubscription policy says that siblings come ahead of distance in priority.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You can find any proposed admission changes or amendments to the coordinated policy for 2015 here http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... cies-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The coordinated scheme is at the bottom of the page.
KenR

Post by KenR »

The County defines October 1st of the qualifying year as the date from which residential evidence should be provided.
Not quite

Service Families or families of some crown civil servants are exempt:-
Service Families
Where Service families or families of other Crown servants who are subject to frequent movement, within the UK and from abroad, are posted to the area, the Admissions Code requires LA’s to allocate school places in advance of the family move, if accompanied by an official government letter declaring a relocation date and an intended address. A Unit postal address or quartering area address will be sufficient in the absence of a new home postal address
perhaps this should be registered as a benefit in kind on the P11D :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

TO be fair to CGS, their Policy does also state this:

"Returning forces personnel and crown servants will be dealt with in line with the County Scheme."
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now