sick!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

new mum

sick!

Post by new mum »

My son is poorly today..what happens if he is still poorly on thursday?? for the 11plus
chez

sick

Post by chez »

We were advised by my daughters head teacher that if anyone was poorly on the day of the 11+ test that we shouldn't let them take the test as it could jeopardise their chances of passing and then there is no going back or no appeal that can be made.

They will be able to take the test at another time within a certain time limit I understand.

I will keep my daughter at home if she is poorly and not take any chances!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear New Mum and Chez

See section C part 2, sick children

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... r_2008.pdf

Should you appeal, stating your child was ill, the first thing they are going to say is...

'Why did you send them in'

In addition if they were that bad, having to be taken out of the test, they cannot resit.

So, no do not send them in if still poorly.

Patricia
new mum

Post by new mum »

Thanks! I read that if taken after October then they may not get results at the same time so there might not be any grammar school places left. I guess as long as they can take them in October we will be ok.
Typical I say! Not ill all year and now of all times
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The places are not allocated until late February ready for 'allocation day' - so don't worry it's better to be well when taking the 11+
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

new mum wrote:Thanks! I read that if taken after October then they may not get results at the same time so there might not be any grammar school places left. I guess as long as they can take them in October we will be ok.
Typical I say! Not ill all year and now of all times
Hi New Mum

The school allocations aren't completed until all the Appeals have been heard in early-mid February, so there is plenty of time!

Hope she's fully recovered by Thursday though. :D

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great minds think alike ... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now