One paper easier?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest22

One paper easier?

Post by guest22 »

My son feels he did well today which is good news however I have read on another website that one paper is easier than the other. is this true?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No they are supposed to be similar but they will have a different mix of the 21 types [not all types are on both papers] so it may be that the types he likes came up! I believe the two papers are standardised separately to 'iron ou' any slight differences.

Post by Guest »

Thanks hope you are right , it panicked me a bit seeing that.I went back and re read it and it clearly says it
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guestt22

Often children come out saying that as hard or that was easy. However BOTH papers are of the same standard.

Children often percieve the test to be easy if its the TYPES they prefer and vice versa....

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Though he said easy I am not going by that. It clearly says on another website that one paper is easier than the other. Can I quote the website for you to read??
hugh

Post by hugh »

Are you sure you're not confusing the 3 familiarisation tests (one of which is clearly, and "officially" easier) with the two real ones (which are supposed to be roughly equal)?

Post by Guest »

I quote
The exams are standardised and a final result is given for each paper out of 141. Your childs scores are not averaged. There tends to be one fairly easy paper and one much harder.
??
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The other website has got it wrong ..

Post by Guest »

Thank you !
hugh

Post by hugh »

I quote
The exams are standardised and a final result is given for each paper out of 141. Your childs scores are not averaged. There tends to be one fairly easy paper and one much harder.
??
Where are you quoting from?

Anyway, now only the best score counts (instead of averaging as happened in the past), it would be pretty pointless having a hard paper and an easy one; if they did that, they might as well have just one paper!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now