RGS High Wycombe losing 6 superb teachers to private sector!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Re: RGS High Wycombe losing 6 superb teachers to private sec

Post by Amber »

Guest55 wrote:The Bucks GS far outperform Stowe so there is no gap there ... often teaching in the private sector requires weekend teaching so I'm not sure why teachers 'cross the line'. Pressure comes from parents saying 'Why won't Tarquin get an A* - we've paid!" so it is all relative.
I think you will find that in one key measure Stowe outperforms most other schools. Not sure what the weekend duties of the staff actually entail there, but I don't think I've seen it on the state school curriculum. Lucky Tarquin, eh?

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/59205/ ... ill-supply" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Supplies of certain rubber items might be better use of the fees then (not sure of the site will accept the correct word :D )
scary mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Amber..trust you to lower the to be of my thread. :lol:

An almost identical thing happened at my first state secondary school...after I left! The fourth years (13-14) were going out at lunchtime to the disused boarding house, off site, and discovering themselves. Apparently the teachers were tipped off and sent three male members of staff down on a raid, they were very very shocked and had to call many parents!
I don't think you need to be posh to partake in that extra curriculum activity.
Not sure if it is a reason to transfer to or away from a school though if you are a teacher.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Just a quick update, from September 2015 RGS is to have Phillip Wayne, current head of chesham grammar school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

He's very well regarded and it'll be interesting to see what changes he makes.