Bucks Test 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Bucks Test 2013

Post by southbucks3 »

There are quite a few local RAF stations, so lots of movement in and out bless them and not always at times convenient to schooling, a family we know from football training just moved with the raf last week. I didn't even consider that kids would take the same test if they moved into the area, as the cohort took last September, I guess I just thought the grammars would set their own late tests. When I look at my two boys one finishing year 6 and one finishing year 5, the difference in maturity both in mind and academic understanding is huge, far greater than simple age standardisation could allow for.
There are always spare seats in bucks grammars too in year 7, but very rarely spare seats in the better uppers.
Good luck, I would download a few hard copy paper tests just to get him used to filling in the separate answer sheet quickly and carefully.
Tolstoy

Re: Bucks Test 2013

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks, SBS I'll need it to pull this off.

re the Upper situation this is exactly what I am finding and I guess it would be a similar scenario in many areas where there are Comprehensives. When we lived in Gloucs it was easier to get our boys into a Grammar than the only decent Comprehensives in the area.

Re maturity it depends on the child. Like your's my older boys are only a year apart, the eldest went into puberty at the beginning of year 6 so physically old for his years but his brother didn't until the year we arrived here, the beginning of y8. The younger one though in some ways has always had an older head on him and still is more mature in some respects but not others.

I suppose this is why standardisation is necessary but it can only deal with generals not specific children.

Re the hard copy advice, I have found old GL maths, English and NVR papers, only needed the VR in Gloucs, he is keen to give them a go. Wish my older boys had shown the same sort of enthusiasm in their day :roll: