2nd BUCKS 11+ EXAMS HOW WELL DID THEY DO?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
selena

Post by selena »

My daughter found the 2nd paper slightly harder than the 1st. However, she completed all the questions and guessed about 4 or 5. Who can say which one is easier? It is all the child's perception.
At least it is all over: ample praise has been showered on my daughter, we had a celebratory chocolate cake and Jelly Beans and I am now going to have a LARGE ALCOHOLIC DRINK!!
chez

2nd 11+

Post by chez »

Hi,
Phew - I'm glad it's over now although my daughter took it all in her stride.
She was more worried about the second test as she knew some of the question types due to come up but quite a few were repeated that she didn't think would be - so a lot of people on the forum were right to cover all the question types for each test.
She personally found the tests roughly equal - she felt the second test was very slightly harder but some friends said the second one was harder but they all seem to have varying opinions.
She sat in a different place and there were less distractions this time round which is reassuring.
She was a bit worried about some smudging as her rubber smudged over the paper as someone had previously borrowed it and created black marks on it. But she asked the teacher and got told it would be okay.
So - we are trying to forget now for six weeks until results.
I made a huge lasagne for tonight as she has missed her pasta for the last few weeks on Patricias advice. She was longing for it and thoroughly enjoyed it!!
We're taking her out of school for a well deserved holiday in the Lake District next week.
willow

Post by willow »

Hi all, my daughter completed her second test today also. She won,t say much at all only that both papers were similar in difficulty except found the vocab a bit harder on the second paper. She had really bad nerve trouble on the first one but said she didn,t feel as bad today. Now we all just have the horrible wait!
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Hi My son found the second paper a bit easier and he said he had time to go over his answers at the end, which he didn't with the first paper. I think this is propably due to the fact that he knew what to expect the second time around whereas with the first test this would have been the first time he had sat a proper exam. Now to prepare for the Berks tests. Any ideas how I can make him sit and do more than 1 50 min test in a row as this is what happens with Berks. We have been told one 50 min VR paper, 20 min break, 20min NVR, then 20 min break, then 50 min Maths paper.... Wish we knew the Bucks result now so we wouldn't have to put him through this !!!! :shock:
Rash

Post by Rash »

Hi, my daughter found the first paper easy but she found the second paper even easier. However, I have mixed feeling towards that, and will try not to think about the fact that did she really do well or does she just thinks she has done well? :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Suesole

In answer to your question, take a look at this thread on the 11+ in Cheltenham, where they do two tests back-to-back.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=3863

To Sue and everyone else:

I hope that all the kids are relieved now that they have completed the second test. I hope that all you parents can forget about it as much as possible.

Please do come back and tell us how they got on come Nov 23rd. If your child has been successful we will celebrate with you. If they have achieved a marginal score Etienne and I (and others) will be here to advise you on the Appeals section. If it is a miss, there will be real empathy, support and advice in any way we can give - on Upper schools, on 12+, on all the options.

Fingers crossed for all the children! If you are having sleepless nights before Nov 23rd, we are here for you.

Sally-Anne
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

Sally-Anne wrote:To Sue and everyone else:

I hope that all the kids are relieved now that they have completed the second test. I hope that all you parents can forget about it as much as possible.

Please do come back and tell us how they got on come Nov 23rd. If your child has been successful we will celebrate with you. If they have achieved a marginal score Etienne and I (and others) will be here to advise you on the Appeals section. If it is a miss, there will be real empathy, support and advice in any way we can give - on Upper schools, on 12+, on all the options.

Fingers crossed for all the children! If you are having sleepless nights before Nov 23rd, we are here for you.

Sally-Anne
Thanks Sally-Anne :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now