2014 Bucks exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: 2014 Bucks exam

Post by Guest55 »

Whoops! Apologies for confusing people - that'll teach me to pop in during the day when I should be marking :lol:
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Hi, I'm new to posting but have been watching from the sidelines for a while now.

We're out of catchment and my daughter took the exam this morning.

I thought the morning and afternoon sessions were different papers? so assumed the late takers would be taking a different paper as well, am I wrong!

Trying to get info from my daughter is like trying to get blood out of a stone! but she did say she was sooooo happy it was over!

Wishing you all the very best of luck.

So relieved the Bucks exam is over! Now just the Berks!
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

I have told my son he can throw all papers in Recycle after the exam on Saturday
Cant wait now to clear the study from papers!
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Hi Rhiane

I'm pretty sure the exams are the same morning, afternoon and for late sitters which is why we can't talk about it other than say how our children feel but no reference to the actual test :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

rhiane wrote:Hi, I'm new to posting but have been watching from the sidelines for a while now.

I thought the morning and afternoon sessions were different papers? so assumed the late takers would be taking a different paper as well, am I wrong!

Trying to get info from my daughter is like trying to get blood out of a stone! but she did say she was sooooo happy it was over!

The same test can be taken until next July.
scary mum
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Thank you for making that clear, not sure why I thought they were different papers?

Some of my daughters class mates (all OOC) are sitting morning papers some afternoon, it's good they all do the same!

I've been pretty cruel today and dropped DD back at school, (in all fairness it was her that wanted to go back) she was itching to know how they feel now it's all over
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I've been pretty cruel today and dropped DD back at school, (in all fairness it was her that wanted to go back) she was itching to know how they feel now it's all over

Of course she wanted to go back, friends are much more fun than anxious mums.
Well done to your daughter!
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

I agree, she's far better off at school than at home with me quizzing her about every last detail! especially as she remembers very little anyway!

With regard to the same tests for the late sittings, are they not at an advantage as they will be able to get an idea of topics, what is and isn't there etc? (also specific questions!)
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

scary mum wrote:
rhiane wrote:Hi, I'm new to posting but have been watching from the sidelines for a while now.

The same test can be taken until next July.

....or possibly August.
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

rhiane wrote:I agree, she's far better off at school than at home with me quizzing her about every last detail! especially as she remembers very little anyway!

With regard to the same tests for the late sittings, are they not at an advantage as they will be able to get an idea of topics, what is and isn't there etc? (also specific questions!)
Completely agree I did the same and dropped him at school after having lunch!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now