27 days until Bucks results!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MamaBear

Re: 27 days until Bucks results!!

Post by MamaBear »

I think things are leading on to that, last year when ds1 sat the test the council sent out the familiarization pack etc, this time for ds2 they said everything is online and we didn't get anything in the post.

I'm not OOC but because I'm homeschooling I will be getting the results by post and I feel queasy just thinking about it. ds2 is fine and writing a newspaper article as I type!
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Actually thinking about it we find out the school allocation online so why not the results :?
mystery

Post by mystery »

scary mum wrote:They don't even need to email, you should just be able to log in to the website. They could use the money they save on OOC letters to subsidise the bus service :D
:lol: I presume you mean to ringfence the savings just for buses that cross the county boundary?
gameon

Post by gameon »

13 days left!!!! My DS completely forgotten about it until we received the letter from school yesterday saying the results will be handed out to the parents on 17th after school.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Oh lordy, that sounds even worse than envelope in childs hand...do you have to queue in an orderly fashion to collect it?

RGS big news in the bfp today, I won't go into it on here, but do wonder if it will affect people's caf choices? The boys have all had a special assembly and there is plenty of support for those at all worried.
Amber

Post by Amber »

southbucks3 wrote:Oh lordy, that sounds even worse than envelope in childs hand...do you have to queue in an orderly fashion to collect it?

RGS big news in the bfp today, I won't go into it on here, but do wonder if it will affect people's caf choices? The boys have all had a special assembly and there is plenty of support for those at all worried.
Curiosity got the better of me there SB3 so I googled RGS and clicked on latest news.

Over £850 raised in a charity cake sale! Well I can see how parents might be worried about that one - those must be some cakes, and some rich kids to buy them. Choose your school carefully High Wycombe parents - or you will spend the next 6 years baking. :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Amber...I kid you not we just raised £250 auctioning ten cakes at the RGS rowing club fun day too, RGS takes its cake sales very seriously! lol:
Last edited by southbucks3 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

My RGS boy was a bit spooked by the urgent assembly to tell them about the issue in the press (no not the cakes!).

I think they have to handle it sensitively and it is one boy out of 1400 odd so I hope it doesn't put people off as it could happen anywhere :(
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Has anyone looked round the uppers, what is the opinion?

I have done risborough...friendly, feels small and intimate, obviously has to accommodate a huge spectrum of ability, that is reflected in the curriculum. Year 7/8 classes all well behaved, older children did seem a little unruly in some classes....I had a peek in classrooms that were not on the tour by hanging back and having a wander.
Stunning views from some classrooms....easy for day dreaming. :lol: our guide was lovely, quietly spoken, but we'll presented and well informed.
We have misbourne next week, that's a first for us, thinking about looking at Ramsey too.

Any others that people have seen this year or thoughts on these schools, good or bad?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

You have just reminded me I must use this opportunity to actually visit my DSs school or maybe ignorance is bliss :lol: