Aylesbury High and Henry Floyd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Aylesbury High and Henry Floyd

Post by hermanmunster »

Julie wrote:Hi

Also, I instinctively would prefer her in an all-girls school but wonder if that comes with it's own disadvantages re cliques, and also not being the best prep for the real world.
Hi

I don't know about Bucks but don't worry about " all girls" not being a the best prep for the real world. As the head of one of the best performing schools said "real life is women networking" ...

Post by Guest »

I'm an old AHS girl, and even in the distant past I managed to consort with boys as- school transport is shared with the boys grammar school nextdoor - and also sometimes SHF and - if you are musical or involved in performances, a lot of the orchestral/operatic/play performances were shared productions with the grammar.
Didn't cramp my style in the 70's!, and I believe these sort of joint arrangements still happen.
AHS observer

Post by AHS observer »

My AHS girl did start to miss boys by about 14 - she also only has sisters so no friends of brother either. She wanted to change schools for a while, but then started to make friends with some of the AGS boys while on language exchange trips and DofE. Now she also does joint a few drama productions and hangs out between the schools in the lunch hour (drive past around one o'clock if you want to take a look!). The extent of mixed activities are exaggerated - you could easily pass through the system without taking part.

One reason to choose to study languages?!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now