For fans of statistics, and to inform debate ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

For fans of statistics, and to inform debate ...

Post by Sally-Anne »

There has been a lot of discussion concerning what happened when the CEM test was introduced last year.

Assertions of many types have been made, and a number of people were requesting actual stats to inform the debate.

It is nearly impossible to post complex statistics directly on the forum using Code so, at the cost of my Monday morning, I have assembled qualification data for the last 5 years, and it is available to view (as an Excel spread sheet) on Google Drive here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GEyJ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you wish to download the data, it will print as a single page in Portrait format. (My computer is well protected from viruses, etc, but do consider scanning the document with your AV before downloading it.)

Over the next few weeks I will gradually add some further documents to this thread that may be helpful to folk, either those making applications this year, or just more generally to allow us all to discuss facts.

This thread is locked to keep it clean and informative, but please do feel free to start other threads to discuss any content posted here.
Sally-Anne

Re: For fans of statistics, and to inform debate ...

Post by Sally-Anne »

The original Bucks Allocations page on the main website has now outgrown the width of the page (and is a pain to update!)

I have therefore loaded the original spread sheet, updated for 2014, onto Google Drive, here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GEyJ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please could all Bucks regulars refer posters to this link, rather than the main website from now on. I will get the main site edited accordingly in the next few days.