how do we get results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

how do we get results?

Post by Guest »

Someone told me they give the children the results in an envelope at school to bring home to parents. I expected that they would be posted to parents at home.

How do we get the 11+ results?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

If your child is at a Bucks maintained school or a "Partner School" (where the test has been administered in the school) the results will be given to your child in a sealed envelope at the end of the school day on Nov 23rd.

Results for other children and those tested late will be sent direct to the pupil's home address.

I strongly recommend to all parents that you take your child home before you open the letter. It is not an edifying spectacle to see children and parents shrieking for joy at the school gates whilst others burst in to tears.

Sally-Anne
jayne

online results

Post by jayne »

I have heard that if you apply online you will get your results in advance via email. Is this true?!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Jayne

Totally untrue! There is a very strict embargo that no results whatsoever are given out before the end of the school day on Nov 23rd.

All results for Bucks maintained and partner schools are delivered by courier, so will be unaffected by any postal strikes.

I must correct my previous post - the Head's manual states that:

You will receive either via the courier (maintained and partner schools) or first class post (all other schools) all of the documents and information needed for Qualification Day.

It is unclear from that whether letters for "other schools" will be posted direct to parents or sent to the child's school. My understanding was that they were sent to the child's home, and I am now less certain. Can anyone clarify this?

I should emphasise that this applies to a very small minority of out-of-county children. In the event of a postal strike at around this time I would hope that Admissions would make alternative arrangements for these parents to receive their results by another method - either by email to home or to the child's school.

Sally-Anne
MelW

Post by MelW »

My son is at an out of county school and I have been told that we will get our results by letter to our home address. If they do not arrive on the 23rd we just have to wait until the letter turns up. I have to say if there are still postal problems in six weeks time I will be mounting a one woman campaign to get my son's results on the same day as everyone else!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sally-Anne wrote:It is unclear from that whether letters for "other schools" will be posted direct to parents or sent to the child's school. My understanding was that they were sent to the child's home, and I am now less certain. Can anyone clarify this?
From the two previous years result thread,, it looks like OOC receive a letter on result day, at usual postman time..
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 29&start=0
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90&start=0
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you Catherine and MelW

I felt sure that was correct really, but the wording in the Head's manual is quite misleading.

MelW - if there are strikes nearer the time, post back here. Admissions are actually quite reasonable in many ways, but you do have to know which buttons to push in these situations. I have known people to be successful in getting letters emailed - particularly when Appeal results letters failed to materialise within the promised 7 days - but a plan of action beginning 10 days/ 2 weeks before the results would be wise.

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You could ring and offer to collect letter from County Hall on 23rd if the post is still dodgy.
MelW

Post by MelW »

Well anything will be worth a try if it comes to that. My dealings with them so far regarding the exam papers being sent to the school and the postal strike have been less than satisfactory! Talk about information gap....
chez

Re: online results

Post by chez »

jayne wrote:I have heard that if you apply online you will get your results in advance via email. Is this true?!!
You are thinking of school admissions/placements which happen in March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now