8 Days.. Countdown begins /nerves kick in..Bucks results!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gameon

Re: 8 Days.. Countdown begins /nerves kick in..Bucks results

Post by gameon »

My DS talking about it and I am trying avoid the topic as much as possible. I must say I am starting to feel nervous now!!!
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

I know it's easy to say rather than practice but still try to tell yourself that worrying about something doesn't help. :) May be plan for something nice do with your DC. All of them have done extremely well, at this young age they have gone through a lot so now it's time to praise them for their hard work.

What helped me is that I discussed with them the possible outcomes of the result and what we will do in each of the them. I think that helped. We all need to be open and reassuring them that nothing is going to change our love for them and nothing is going to change in the house. And what people will think of us doesn't matter (if the result is not good), as they are not our family. That's it. :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Indiemum, has your ds sat for every single 11+ exam in the south east??
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

southbucks3 wrote:Indiemum, has your ds sat for every single 11+ exam in the south east??
I've not been around for a while but 5 mins back onto the forum I came to the same conclusion!
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

Yes, they all worked hard. We have a busy evening as both of our DC have extra activities on Friday evenings. We took him out after the exam to celebrate his efforts.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

southbucks3 wrote:Indiemum, has your ds sat for every single 11+ exam in the south east??
No but few of them. How about you ?

If I have been annoying through my posts, sorry about that. That was not my intension definitely.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

sonasona wrote:
I've not been around for a while but 5 mins back onto the forum I came to the same conclusion!
:)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have started a "Sticky" thread at the top of the Bucks section in readiness for tomorrow.

Please do take time to glance at it before the results start to come in.

Good luck everyone!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

indiemom wrote:
No but few of them. How about you ?

If I have been annoying through my posts, sorry about that. That was not my intension definitely.

Not annoying at all indiemum, just amazed at your boys stamina, he needs a huge reward for working so hard.

My boys all reluctantly sat the one test they were automatically entered for by the bucks local authority.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

southbucks3 wrote: Not annoying at all indiemum, just amazed at your boys stamina, he needs a huge reward for working so hard.

My boys all reluctantly sat the one test they were automatically entered for by the bucks local authority.

Thanks a lot for your kind words southbucks3.

I have twins :D