8 Days.. Countdown begins /nerves kick in..Bucks results!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hasmum

8 Days.. Countdown begins /nerves kick in..Bucks results!!

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
How's everyone?

Well, have tried not to think / forget about the results, but it dawned on me this week that the results are out next week :shock:

Now feeling the pressure, dd is ok. We have started preparing dc3 and in a way it has kept my mind of the results.
Have visited 3 local secondary schools, one of which was a Grammar school. Trying to keep options open :)
Changed the CAF application x2 :) I know it's silly but you can't help yourself sometimes, it's something to tide you over until results day :D

Oh yes did a banding test last week which dd said was ok. (only NVR).
I did some research on the schools and their results etc. Visiting does make a huge impact.

With my ds visited numerous schools but he ended up in a school we hadn't visited. We visited after accepting the place... :D but my instincts told me it was a good school... JHGS. We were lucky to get in as were living 20 miles away.... In catchment now, as moved 6 mths later to Bucks.

Anyway no doubt everyone will be crawling back as the time draws closer...
Good Luck .... wish everyone remains calm and in control of those dreaded nerves :x
Mum@2

Re: 8 Days.. Countdown begins /nerves kick in..Bucks results

Post by Mum@2 »

Trying to stay calm but can't help sleepless nights and coming back to this forum for moral support and to get the feeling of not being on our own. This wait is worse than the preparation. :?
gameon

Post by gameon »

I feel strange and feel calm. It is not me at at all... What is happening to me..???
May be my brain accepted the fact that I can't do any thing now.

I really wish we all get the results we are expecting!!!
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

gameon wrote:I feel strange and feel calm. It is not me at at all... What is happening to me..???
May be my brain accepted the fact that I can't do any thing now.

I really wish we all get the results we are expecting!!!
You know I have been like that for quite some time, so cool and indifferent. I myself was surprised and was also happy to see me so clam and relaxed. But was not expressing that as I can see that lot of parents are quite stressed out, quite rightly so. But I think like u I realised that whatever we could do we have already done so now whatever will be will be.

Unfortunately tension does not help us. :(
gameon

Post by gameon »

Yes, whatever will be.. will be. I know my DS has worked hard. Where ever he goes, he will do well.
May be I might get stressed out towards the results day.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

gameon wrote:Yes, whatever will be.. will be. I know my DS has worked hard. Where ever he goes, he will do well.

Of course he will.......and don't worry Sona will be refreshing his screen like mad next week because he wants to hear brill news from all his Bucks friends next Friday :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

An ear worm for you all to hum until.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Like it Southbucks! Wise words!!

Roll on Friday - we hate the waiting!! DD keeps commenting - she knows its Friday and is nervous - bless her! I'm off to the US with work later today which should keep my mind off it! Back Thursday - then its only one more day!! :roll: :roll:
HalsGal

Post by HalsGal »

Another one biting nails here. I've been relatively calm until this weekend and now I'm having 11+ dreams both of passing and not passing! Last night I dreamt that I had taken it too and I got 102 and my son passed!
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Now finding it very hard to focus at work!

Roll on Friday, although we then have to spend the evening at SHFGS as a new Year 8 parent (daughter passed 12+) at a social evening - so might either be very bad tempered or euphoric!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now