The Bucks results are little more than 24 hours away now, and I know how nerve-racking that is from personal experience. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?
- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.
- Please do not
open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.
- Out of County children's results are posted first class on Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.
- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in calling Bucks CC Admissions. They will not disclose results over the phone under any circumstances. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter with them after your post arrives on Monday.
- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that a non-arrival of results beyond three postal deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail who let you down.
- The range of scores last year was 5 - 199, and the flat qualifying mark will be 121, as it has been for aeons.
- For that reason, PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM!
- There is no need to do so, it is simply boasting and it can be upsetting to those who have not been successful. Any such posts will be edited/removed.- If your child has scored 121 or more, you can see past Allocation Profiles for each grammar school here, to allow you to assess your chances of being offered a place: https://drive.google.com/a/elevenplusex ... o0dUE/edit
- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for.
- If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results!
Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
For some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
Please feel free to post your results on this thread as they arrive, and my best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.