Car share/Buses Stoke Poges to High Wycombe (John Hamden?)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bucksmummy

Car share/Buses Stoke Poges to High Wycombe (John Hamden?)

Post by bucksmummy »

My daughter is toying between Wycombe High and St Bernards Catholic Grammar, Langely. Just weighing up the pros/cons. I believe our village of Stoke Poges is in catchment for the boys John Hamden so think there is a bus, but we are outside catchment for Wycombe... but hoping may get in as last year they went up to 10.4 m out and we are 9.5 as crow flies (which believe is how they work?).

So trying to factor in transport as apparently the bus from GX to Wycombe has been a nightmare, children on bus for an hour and a half! So wondered if anyone going same way as we hope to go???
scary mum

Re: Car share/Buses Stoke Poges to High Wycombe (John Hamden

Post by scary mum »

My understanding is that the John Hampden bus is just that, a bus for the boys from John Hampden. I may be wrong with the recent changes to bus routes etc. a lot of people car share now that the bus prices have gone up. I wouldn't think many from Stoke Poges would choose Wycombe over BHS though so you might not find anyone to car share with.
scary mum
bucksmummy

Post by bucksmummy »

Thanks scarymum.... Think you are right. Know most girls go to Becky High from here but worth a try!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm not sure exactly where WHS is in High Wycombe,but would the train from GX be an option? I would have thought it would be quicker than the bus. Or train then bus if it is up by JHGS?
scary mum
JHGSBHSMum

Post by JHGSBHSMum »

Bus from Gerrards Cross serves all the Marlow Hill schools. There are a few Wycombe High girls on it. Also bus routes have changed this week. The new BB11 route has been ok so far. It is about 55 minutes which is much the same duration as last year. To see the bus routes and timetables look on the Carousel Blue Bus web page.