2016 admission takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mamu

2016 admission takers

Post by mamu »

New to the fourm; already nervous seeing all the other historical posts and the stresses parents are taking.
We live in London. Wondering whether there is any list which shows the schools which takes/ historically have taken OOC (out of catchment) pupil....
hermanmunster

Re: 2016 admission takers

Post by hermanmunster »

there is a shared spreadsheet here which shows the allocation profiles for the past few years - note, a school which can offer to all who apply one year, may not be able to do another and the answer isn't known until March.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GEyJ ... o0dUE/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if you are intending to move (I do hope you are) - but you need to consider travelling, meeting with friends, after school activities, parents evenings, ghastly weather etc if you intend to commute from London
mamu

Post by mamu »

many thanks hermanmunster. Do you have similar spreadsheet for Slough consortium grammar school as well?
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

@mamu

The very first thing I would like to tell you that please do not get nervous or stressed out as you might pass this on to your DC which is not good for him/her :) I know it's very difficult but that's the best way you can handle the whole process.

Langley Grammar School which is under Slough consortium has got a clear catchment policy (you can find the postcodes which are covered by the school). I have talked to the school before and they clearly mentioned that every year they have more students with cutoff marks from the designated area than the number of seats in the school so they have never gone out of catchment.
Herchel and Upton Court do have some seats for OCC but don't know the details, someone in this forum might be able to help you there.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Bucks publish the data in a table each year so Sally-Anne has been able to update it every year.

Please note certain schools are very over-subscribed and I would suggest you think about moving beofre October if you really want one of these schools. Even earlier if you have a boy and are aiming for DCGS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now