BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Post by Guest55 »

Look at distance to Chalfont - the school has a 10 form entry!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

That's very interesting G55, I had no idea chalfont had such a big intake. It's astonishing!! I think somewhere on the forum I had seen that 56% of bucks kids passed the 11+......quite worrying for the future, how we accommodate the non qualifiers . Dollyx
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Dollydripmat wrote:It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!!
Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what has happened. :(
Children who have GMS as catchment living in villages on Henley side of Marlow - approx 5.5 miles max from GMS have been allocated E-Act academy in Burnham!! With SWBGS going over 11 miles out of county and JHGS and whs (also our catchment even further). There is much upset in my neck of woods! It's even worse then last yr when GMS went to 6 miles in 1st round.

The situation is getting even worse!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

kittymum wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:
Dollydripmat wrote:It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!!
Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what has happened. :(
Children who have GMS as catchment living in villages on Henley side of Marlow - approx 5.5 miles max from GMS have been allocated E-Act academy in Burnham!! With SWBGS going over 11 miles out of county and JHGS and whs (also our catchment even further). There is much upset in my neck of woods! It's even worse then last yr when GMS went to 6 miles in 1st round.

The situation is getting even worse!
That is appalling - the system is just awful. E-Act is our local Upper and, frankly, I would not send my child there - which is why, when we had a 11+ disaster that I have been unable to rectify - we looked closely at Maidenhead comps and have been allocated a choice with which we are happy today.

How on earth do they propose you get children over to Burnham anyway!!?

The system is broken - people sending kids 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 miles to the grammars, and local children who should have got into the grammars but who have been displaced ending up in this situation!

I am sure the press would be very interested!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Booklady wrote:
That is appalling - the system is just awful. E-Act is our local Upper and, frankly, I would not send my child there - which is why, when we had a 11+ disaster that I have been unable to rectify - we looked closely at Maidenhead comps and have been allocated a choice with which we are happy today.

The system is broken - people sending kids 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 miles to the grammars, and local children who should have got into the grammars but who have been displaced ending up in this situation!

It is utterly ridiculous is t it! I don't have a yr 6 this yr - ds yr 7 at SWBGS but have to go through it again in sept!

Our catchment grammars are filled with out of county and kids who should be at grammars haven't got their catchment upper (the one the school bus runs through the villages to transport kids to) and GS e been given school over 20 mes away - oh and there's no public transport in my neck of the woods!

Pleased you got a school your happy with
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

kittymum wrote:
Booklady wrote:

It is utterly ridiculous is t it! I don't have a yr 6 this yr - ds yr 7 at SWBGS but have to go through it again in sept!

Our catchment grammars are filled with out of county and kids who should be at grammars haven't got their catchment upper (the one the school bus runs through the villages to transport kids to) and GS e been given school over 20 mes away - oh and there's no public transport in my neck of the woods!

Pleased you got a school your happy with
Just looked it up on bing - over 19 miles and a trip up the m4 as opposed to Marlow our closest (and catchment ) town!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Gosh kitty mum that's dreadful ! I can't believe kids are now being bused to uppers as their local catchment upper is full!!! Madness!!! Surely the system has to rectify itself somehow?????? So catchment kids can't allocate their upper??? And can't qualify for their local GS due to (54% out of catchment allocated) this seems disastrous !!!!! Dollyx
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Dollydripmat wrote:Gosh kitty mum that's dreadful ! I can't believe kids are now being bused to uppers as their local catchment upper is full!!! Madness!!! Surely the system has to rectify itself somehow?????? So catchment kids can't allocate their upper??? And can't qualify for their local GS due to (54% out of catchment allocated) this seems disastrous !!!!! Dollyx
Kitty Mum - I think you, or someone directly impacted, should contact the press - both local and national tbh. This is particularly dreadful, and ridiculous!!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Booklady wrote:
Dollydripmat wrote:Gosh kitty mum that's dreadful ! I can't believe kids are now being bused to uppers as their local catchment upper is full!!! Madness!!! Surely the system has to rectify itself somehow?????? So catchment kids can't allocate their upper??? And can't qualify for their local GS due to (54% out of catchment allocated) this seems disastrous !!!!! Dollyx
Kitty Mum - I think you, or someone directly impacted, should contact the press - both local and national tbh. This is particularly dreadful, and ridiculous!!
You're right - this isn't one or two children but whole villages of them!
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

This can't carry on.

My DS is going to his local GS which whilst is great and I know we are very lucky but I am worried that he will make friends with children and have play dates 20 miles away! Most of his current friendship group are not going to GS with him which is really disappointing as a lot of them should be!

Just think of all the traffic this will create in Bucks, it really is going to be a nightmare.

I have an older DC at GS and it was very different a few years ago when most of the kids in GS were local children.

I don't in anyway blame the OOC parents wanting to get their kids to GS I would want the same but I couldn't make my DC travel 20 miles each day, that's the same as South Bucks to London which is in my opinion bonkers!