12 + today in Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

12 + today in Bucks

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kata girl

Re: 12 + today in Bucks

Post by Kata girl »

Eccentric, sort of reassuring to read your post as my DD said the same - things she had never come across before. She is a top set student so at odds to know what level this was pitched at.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Yes fingers crossed for them and other Forum users. I also wondered if they extract the 13 + scores out before arriving at the 121 threshold as they are a year older with one further academic year under their belt. There were a lot of boys there yesterday far more than girls I thought but have no idea if that has relevance.

It is a shame that with these CEM type of tests the experience is so different from other tests/ exams. Generally in most tests/exams you know that if you are able, put in time to expand your knowledge further (ie in this case diy 12+ practice plus a tutor one hour a week to cover bits the parents/we feel are beyond us) then hopefully when it comes to a test/exam you have a good chance of getting through the test and emerging feeling like you've shown what you can do and have done a pretty good job even if stretched and found a couple of bits hard.

We are not under any illusions however you are only 'the best in town until the best comes around' so it depends on the abilities of the others on the day - that's also tough because it is outside your control who is in your test cohort....anyway some students will pass so can't complain.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Eccentric I have been reading this thread with interest as last year my dd took the 12 plus. She did no prep whatsoever and the exam was the new CEM style whereas her 11 plus had been the old style. We didn't want to put any pressure on her to pass and she passed with flying colours.

Many of her peers who were borderline at 11 plus also passed the 12 plus so I hope this gives you some hope. You just never know!
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Hi buzzybee - good to hear your DDs experience of 12 + - hope shes thriving at her GS !

Eccentric - just had a thought - given that we were surprised at how difficult both our DDs found the test - we expected a demanding test with some difficulty but not the level of difficulty they seem to have suggested (based on our Forum discussions) - I wonder if the test could have been adaptive - but I could be just clutching at straws.....
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now