SWBGS funding confirmed for new 6th form centre

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kittymum

SWBGS funding confirmed for new 6th form centre

Post by kittymum »

Exciting news! After much discussion parents were emailed yesterday and students told to confirm the funding was secured for the new 6th Form Centre - due for completion summer 2016. Will also include new science labs.
Peridot

Re: SWBGS funding confirmed for new 6th form centre

Post by Peridot »

Ah, that's where it went! Sadly our son's school in Surrey (Tiffin) has just announced that they didn't get the funding they needed to replace their decrepit World War Two built shed, I mean dining hall! There just isn't enough money for everyone. Congratulations to your school for securing the funding though kittymum - apparently very few schools were successful so they've done really well to get it.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

kittymum wrote:Exciting news! After much discussion parents were emailed yesterday and students told to confirm the funding was secured for the new 6th Form Centre - due for completion summer 2016. Will also include new science labs.
That's very interesting!! Will it be a sixth form combined with GMS as per the rumour I heard? My DD is currently at BHS but is very interested in moving to SWBGS for 6th form - and this would be to start Autumn 2016!
Where are they going to put it though? Not much room on that school site already!! :lol: :lol:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Booklady wrote:
kittymum wrote:Exciting news! After much discussion parents were emailed yesterday and students told to confirm the funding was secured for the new 6th Form Centre - due for completion summer 2016. Will also include new science labs.
That's very interesting!! Will it be a sixth form combined with GMS as per the rumour I heard? My DD is currently at BHS but is very interested in moving to SWBGS for 6th form - and this would be to start Autumn 2016!
Where are they going to put it though? Not much room on that school site already!! :lol: :lol:
GMS have just built their own 6th form centre so don't think they'd combine - not been any mention of it. SWBGS have been awarded Teaching School Status so don't know if that's where the rumour came from. It's going to go between science, Mimi's and Maths apparently according to Ds - looking out onto the Rugby field - I'm looking at the artists impressions which they've sent out and can quite figure out where it is. Anyway it's going in one of the gaps between buildings and not on a field. It's been under discussion for ages so thrilled they got the money (just need to hope Ds gets the grades to stay on for the 6th form now :lol: and that dd passes the bloomin' exam in September- feel sick at thought of it).

Peridot sorry your school didn't get money too :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now