Bucks Admissions team

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Eccentric

Bucks Admissions team

Post by Eccentric »

I just wanted to say that I think Bucks admissions team are brilliant. So helpful and caring and informative. I rang today and had a chat with a lady who spent almost an hour explaining the process of the late transfer appeal to me in detail explaining what evidence was needed and why. She explained that the process is essentially a two part appeal.
1) to prove that my daughter is academically capable and for the appeal panel to judge her qualified for GS
2) to prove that she has a stinger case than the school has in regards to providing her with place as all places this far have been allocated.

She was incredibly helpful going though all the types of evidence that could be helpful and what would not be. 10 stars to Bucks admissions team. Along with this site I hope now that I have the information that I need to put forward a good case.
Moderators

Re: Bucks Admissions team

Post by Moderators »

Good to hear that, Eccentric.

Might it have been the Bucks Appeals Team you were talking to? We think it's their role, rather than that of Admissions, to deal with appeal questions.

A cyber-bouquet to whoever it was! :)
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Yes you are right, are they not all part of the same team?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Eccentric wrote:Yes you are right, are they not all part of the same team?
There is a "Chinese wall" between the two teams because Admissions and Appeals are separate issues under the Admissions Code and the Appeals Code.

That said, they do of course cooperate with each other! :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Eccentric wrote:Yes you are right, are they not all part of the same team?
No - Appeals is separate (Legal Services, not Children's Services).

It's important Appeals should be independent of Admissions.

X-post with S-A!
Etienne
Panic.com

Post by Panic.com »

I had a dealing with the Bucks admissions team this year, they were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I cannot thank them enough. Basically we are just over the border in Herts. CGS was our first choice and based on the distance they allocated out to we should have got a place... but when the email came from Herts it said we hadn't been allocated any of our choices. Seems it was an admin error made at Herts when Bucks told them we had a place, Herts didn't record it... Ok, mistakes happen... but the way Herts dealt with it was awful. Whereas the admissions team at Bucks were amazing and reassuring when I called them on allocation day, and by 10am the next morning the head of admissions had personally been in touch and explained that she had spoken to Herts, the issue had been cleared up, and Herts would be in touch later that day... a week later I had to chase Herts up and they were useless and blasé about the whole thing and gave the distinct impression they didn't give a hoot.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So that makes one cyber-bouquet for Bucks Admissions, and one for the Bucks Appeals Team! :D
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

I had the same experience a few years ago, information didn't go across the border. Bucks were amazing, Herts were useless. I made sure every dealing I had with Herts was by email so that I had a paper trail and just forwarded it on to Bucks who sorted it out.

Herts made me quite cross and several times gave me completely wrong information - worrying really.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Let's hope one of them visits the forum :wink:
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Just wanted to agree with OP, the appeals team and admission team were super helpful and they answer the phone quickly!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now