Primary school visit from new GS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rags

Re: Primary school visit from new GS?

Post by Rags »

Guest55 wrote:Rags, most GS do both - a visit to the Primary school and the LA wide Induction Day.

It's hard to get to every school when there are over 50 feeders and staff have to be available to travel and keep teaching commitments.
Which makes sense. I think there are 2 girls from my DD's school going to AHS, so sending someone to talk to them (as well as the many other schools) would be hard to justify.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think you've misunderstood - we do go to as many schools as we can - just not always every school.

We feel it's important to visit schools where only a few are coming as they are likely to feel more concerned.

Do AHS visit any schools at all?
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

We are waiting for AHS to visit DD's school too, there are 3 girls going there in Sept.

I know Henry Floyd have visited, think AGS have not been here aswell.....

It's our school's Year 6 residential trip next week, so they are cutting it a bit fine before 7th July's day visit to AHS.....
diamondgirl

Post by diamondgirl »

AHS most definitely do visit, the head of year 7 comes into primary school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Do they visit all/most schools though? We use a team of teachers as there's no way one person could cover 50+ schools - it's physically impossible.
diamondgirl

Post by diamondgirl »

I cant possibly know if AHS visit all the schools!
I was responding to "Do AHS visit any schools at all?"
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

Morning,
I just called AHS to ask when the visit will be to my DD school, and have been informed that they will not be able to visit this year, as they have 80 schools to visit and have been unable to see all.
I understand this and feel it's a shame DD and the other girls have missed out, especially as they have seen all other schools come and visit,(maybe as there are only 3 of them it was not deemed worth it for small numbers??!).

My gripe is... I feel a curtesy email from AHS would have been nice, so DDs are not left hanging on with no idea when a visit would be etc....
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

80 schools to visit. That's unbelievable. How big is the year group?

I wonder if this is a case of grammar schools having to further and further away to fill their places due to so few children getting through, especially in the Aylesbury Vale area. So sad there will be so many schools on their doorstep probably with only a few children getting through.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That sort of number of feeders is common in AV as there are so many small village schools.
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

And we are one of those small village schools....
I told my DD today that AHS wouldn't be able to visit....she was sad about it and said.... well it's probably not worth coming to see us as there are only 3 of us.... :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now