Need help on 11+ to 13+ Exams and Grammer schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sana1975

Need help on 11+ to 13+ Exams and Grammer schools

Post by Sana1975 »

Hello,

We have plan to move to Aylesbury for living and better schooling.

I would like to know what are the possibility for my son to get into grammar school in yr 8 (2015) or yr 9(2016). I am looking for guidance and support of tuition's if any.

My son is presently studying in yr 7, I Wasn't aware much about grammar schools and it strategies as we were relocated to UK from India in 2011. He was studying in yr2 in India while he came here and directly he was given yr 4 here due to which he has missed his beginning school years in UK.

I am looking Aylesbury as schooling option for both my kids studying Yr7 and Yr2 so looking for advice from this group to approach school, council, tests, tutions, etc...

I know its too late but I always think nothing is too late until we start first.

Thanks in Advance
-Sana
Guest55

Re: Need help on 11+ to 13+ Exams and Grammer schools

Post by Guest55 »

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sc ... procedure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have missed the Late Transfer tests for entry in September ...

Are you moving into Bucks from outside the county? Have either of them sat the Bucks 11+ previously?

If you are moving into Bucks then this might be relevant? Do be aware all the schools are full for September so you have to qualify and face an appeal ...

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ar-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sana1975

Post by Sana1975 »

Ya we have missed the Late Transfer tests for entry in September. That's sad :(

We are moving into Bucks from outside the county. Younger one is in yr 2, so i can plan for him.
Elder one hasn't sat for Bucks 11+ previously since we were not much aware of the procedure. He started his schooling also in UK from yr4

Thanks for the link.
mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When you have moved you should be able to get them tested for a GS but you'd need to appeal for a place if they qualify.

Do be aware that not all the Upper Schools in Aylesbury are good .. one is in Special Measures and another 'requires improvement'.