results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

Post by patricia »

If the school is out of county BUT a partner school, then the results will be sent to the school by courier in time for release by pupil post on the 23rd...

Patricia
yplx

Post by yplx »

Goodness sake! I do not think I will be safe on the road then on this Friday. Please do not drive in front of me! White VW car ....
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Yplx

You have just bought back memories of when My children got their results. The school made it quite clear that the letters were not to be opened on school grounds [quite rightly] and should be left until home....

Not me, drove round the corner, stopped the car, letter opened...

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Patricia,....Ahhhh....I think I would have been the same...but due to work commitments which I can't get out of I can't.

how did you children get on?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

I am happy to say they all passed...

Something else I remember, the tests were taken in the days when the results came after XMAS. I promised all my children if they worked hard through the spring/summer WITHOUT whinging, completing tests without a FUSS, they would receive an extra special xmas pressie, of their choice [ within reason!] This way they were rewarded for working hard NOT for passing...

Patrica
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Patricia, I agree, we did the same for my child. She was desperate for a mobile so we agreed if she worked hard then she would get one. We bought her one the week BEFORE the actual test to prove that it wasn't the result we were rewarding but the effort.

I feel she really appreciated it. :D

Now we have the results and in and she passed, I told her the reward for passing was that (hopefully) she gets to go the school she wanted!
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

medwaymum wrote:Patricia, I agree, we did the same for my child.
Sort of same here. We promised him, if he passed he'd get a mobile phone.
But a week before the Test we gave it to him, telling him, that as he'd worked so hard, he deserved it. It didn't matter what the result was, we still loved him, and knew he'd given it his best.
Up shot; he had a relaxing fun weekend, before his test, getting to know his new mobile, and us poor parents, receiving more texts than we'd ever received before :D and one content, chilled out child :D

Won't receive results until March though :(
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Please don't use the PASS/FAIL words - use 'qualified/ didn't qualify' - standardisation means that the same score /80 might be 121+ one year and not another.
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Our daughter worked so hard to prepare for her 11+ papers in October, she is so determined to be selected for our local girls High School. As a parent I feel completely helpless, what if? We are so proud of her selected or not, she is such a delight. I wish everybody in our position good luck for Friday and hope that your children get the result that they have worked so hard for.

Nif229

Post by Guest »

anybody know when the schools know the results?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now