12+ and 13+ information for 2016 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: 12+ and 13+ information for 2016 entry

Post by ToadMum »

Bumblebeez wrote:Thank you Eccentric, this is exactly what I need. Can you please confirm that these are end of Year 7/8/9 median levels?

Next question: is there an average KS2 level for entrants to this year's Year 7? Or any other year?
If you look at the DfE info for the school, you will find the KS2 data for the intake whose GCSE results are reported for that year, I think (so the KS2 data reported with the 2015 GCSE results are those of the 2010 year 7 intake). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :?:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - that's correct - they are given as an APS [average point scores] so you have to know that:

27 APS = 4b
29 APS = 4a
31 APS = 5c
33 APS = 5b etc
Bumblebeez

Post by Bumblebeez »

CAT scores from the beginning of year 7.
If the school has this they haven't shared it with me. On her first report I have her reading and spelling ages and "baseline data level September 2015" for English, maths and science.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Bumblebeez wrote:
If the school has this they haven't shared it with me. On her first report I have her reading and spelling ages and "baseline data level September 2015" for English, maths and science.
I would e-mail the head of year and ask if they sat a Cognitive Ability Test. Lots of schools don't send out the results. You could ask your DC first if he/she remembers sitting it. Many secondary schools use CATs, usually around the beginning of year 7 as a way of assessing the children.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Eccentric wrote:
Bumblebeez wrote:
I would e-mail the head of year and ask if they sat a Cognitive Ability Test. Lots of schools don't send out the results. You could ask your DC first if he/she remembers sitting it. Many secondary schools use CATs, usually around the beginning of year 7 as a way of assessing the children.
I have never had any of the CAT results shared at senior school - they are simply used to target set.
scary mum
rkum

Post by rkum »

Please let me know if I have posted to the wrong forum but I need some advice.
My daughter passed the late transfer test entrance exams for DCHS and she is on a waiting list for Year 8 entry in Sept 2016 as no places available.
I wanted to know if it is possible to submit an appeal even though there are no places available and if it is, have any appeals been successful in the past ?Are we entitled to appeal for 12 plus ? We live in the catchment area.
After some searching on the Bucks CC website I found out the appeals have to be lodged with 20days of receiving the letter from the school.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes you can appeal - look for information about how to appeal against over-subscription.

You might want to start your own thread in appeals.
rkum

Post by rkum »

Thank you for your speedy reply, it's very helpful.
I'll post in appeals.
Many thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You'll need to put together reasons why the school is right for your daughter; being in catchment will help but you'll need some convincing reasons. Now the school has taken an additional class I think it will 'fight' the admission of more students.