Bucks 11+ test 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Bucks 11+ test 2015

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good luck to all the children taking this year's test.

Although the prep test is easier than the real thing, use the opportunity to help your child to recognise anything they found challenging about the environment or administration of the test.

Please DO NOT post any test content on the forum, because the same paper will be used throughout the coming year for late testers.

If you wish to share general content for the reference of future parents, please send it by PM to me or Patricia, and only us. We will keep it secure until the appropriate time.

Please feel free to post your child's experiences of the test on this Sticky.

Thank you!

Sally-Anne
Daffy

Re: Bucks 11+ test 2015

Post by Daffy »

My DD has gone to bed saying she is 'scared' about tomorrow's Practice test, so goodness knows how she will feel on Thursday. I have tried to reassure her! Such pressure for kids that are still so young.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Daffy wrote:My DD has gone to bed saying she is 'scared' about tomorrow's Practice test, so goodness knows how she will feel on Thursday. I have tried to reassure her! Such pressure for kids that are still so young.
Kids shouldn't feel scared but they do. The prep test I believe is a 'simple' test just to reinforce upon the familiarisation paper you've received but on a more elaborate scale. The questions are on a more easier scale than the actual test on Thursday I believe - reassure your dd about this tomorrow morning if you can.
Good luck
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Thanks Bob. To you too.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks S-A. Mine mentioned being nervous. This time is different for us because DC's friends are doing the test and he wants to go to the same school as them. I told him nerves can be a good thing as it produces adrenilin which helps him work faster.

We did have a bit of a stand off on the weekend as DC was convinced the actual tests were only 30mins each as is the practice. I'm still not convinced that giving them a shorter possibly easier test just two days before is good policy.
mof3

Post by mof3 »

I found the prep test really helped settle my son's nerves (and mine) ahead of the actual day. Despite the real test being harder, not having the added pressure of a completely alien environment does make a big difference. Btw, he missed a good chunk of the verbal Qs on the actual day (approx 15, although he randomly marked the answers in the answer sheet), he still passed overall.
Karma67

Good luck Yr 6's!!

Post by Karma67 »

Good luck to all with Yr 6's taking the 11+!!

We were in your shoes last year, so fully empathise with all!

I will be going through it again in two years time!! :shock:

xx
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I have told DC it's an opportunity to ask questions about anything he's unsure of. i.e can I have 20 pencils on my desk because I keep dropping the pesky beasties. :lol:
... or do I need my hair cut because it keeps getting in my way. ( was this really the summer to decide you want to be a goth :roll: )

Edit :oops: forgot this was a sticky. Any chance my irrelevant posts can be shifted to the Good luck post S-A ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Tolstoy wrote:Edit :oops: forgot this was a sticky. Any chance my irrelevant posts can be shifted to the Good luck post S-A ?
I've moved the "Good Luck" post here instead - helps to keep it all in one place.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

The Practice Test itself was fine but the teacher only allocated one rubber between two - of the all the children in the class!!! (all the children in the class were sitting in twos) The other child sitting with my DD sneaked her rubber in so thankfully they had one each but am now decidedly worried as waiting for the rubber to erase a wrong answer could be disastrous! This seems like lunacy! Will need to have a word tomorrow! I thought the children were supposed to provide their own stationary but in my DD school they were supplied.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now