feeling nervous!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Re: feeling nervous!

Post by Sally-Anne »

LW2015 wrote:Do you know how are results delivered for OOC children? When are they posted?
They are posted first class tomorrow, to (hopefully) arrive on Friday morning.
Newbie121

Post by Newbie121 »

Sally-Anne wrote:
LW2015 wrote:Do you know how are results delivered for OOC children? When are they posted?
Sally-Anne wrote:
If occ, do the occ schools get the results too or just the parents?
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Many Thanks.
Sally-Anne wrote:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

patricia wrote:Yes they know the results.

Admissions would not be happy if Heads released any information before the end of the school day on Friday. And quite right too! Must be seen to be fair.

Patricia
I've never understood why admissions allows the partner school in Wycombe to read the results out to the whole class! Surely that's breaking some rules?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Never heard that one!

Is it a myth?

Patricia
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

kittymum wrote:
patricia wrote:Yes they know the results.

Admissions would not be happy if Heads released any information before the end of the school day on Friday. And quite right too! Must be seen to be fair.

Patricia
I've never understood why admissions allows the partner school in Wycombe to read the results out to the whole class! Surely that's breaking some rules?
:shock: :shock: Rules of decency surely if nothing else :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Newbie121 wrote:If occ, do the occ schools get the results too or just the parents?
Only if it's a Partner School. All other OoC, parents only.

Not a myth about the Partner School reading out the scores, Patricia. I've heard it from many sources over the years. Appalling behaviour.

It doesn't actually break a specific rule, but I don't think rules can ever be designed to prevent stupidity on that level.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Sally-Anne wrote: Not a myth about the Partner School reading out the scores, Patricia. I've heard it from many sources over the years. Appalling behaviour.
Appalling
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

patricia wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote: Not a myth about the Partner School reading out the scores, Patricia. I've heard it from many sources over the years. Appalling behaviour.
Appalling
Definitely not a myth - I have a number of friends who have children at this school (which achieves very high qualification rates) - I know someone whose child was one of I think 2 who didn't qualify and yes their results were read out to the class (this happens before parents get / know the results).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Definitely not a myth - I have a number of friends who have children at this school (which achieves very high qualification rates) - I know someone whose child was one of I think 2 who didn't qualify and yes his results were read out to the class (this happens before parents get / know the results).
The specific advice to Head teachers is this:
You will appreciate that it is extremely important that qualification information is kept confidential and not released to any parents before the letters are distributed.
So the rule is not being broken, because the parents aren't being told the results ahead of time. :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now