RESULTS DAY 16TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
StacatoMum

Re: RESULTS DAY 16TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTIN

Post by StacatoMum »

Younger DS will join brother at AGS. I honestly was going crazy this AM and had to book a massage to calm my nerves. It's the idea of breaking a possible bad news that made me crazy. He never made himself consider any other school not even Sir Henry. I had to drag him to other schools for him to even reconsider. I am just thankful he got what he worked for.

Congratulations to all passers... Commiserations to those who missed it. Hopefully appeals would be an option. Good luck.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations to those who have had success, especially our regulars, some of whom have made a very long journey to get here.
Tolstoy wrote::(
Poor Tolstoy. I am so sorry. :(
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Good news for us, ds qualified.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the great information on this website, my dd qualified under the old style 11+ and now ds under the new style, all without expensive tutoring and just with the knowledge I gained from this site.
Thank you Sally Anne, Patricia and all the other mods - you are very wise and I am grateful for you sharing your wisdom.

Well done to everyone's dcs - qualified or not, they are all great kids.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Oh Tolstoy, I am sorry :(
mad?

Post by mad? »

Ooh big hugs Tolstoy :(
mad?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

I'm sorry :(
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Kiwimum wrote:Good news for us, ds qualified.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the great information on this website, my dd qualified under the old style 11+ and now ds under the new style, all without expensive tutoring and just with the knowledge I gained from this site.
Thank you Sally Anne, Patricia and all the other mods - you are very wise and I am grateful for you sharing your wisdom.

Well done to everyone's dcs - qualified or not, they are all great kids.
Congratulations Kiwimum and really important for us DIYers to know it can be done. Also congratulations to you other guys, Kittymum lovely to hear that DD will be joining DB and was well aware that there were catchment issues with your Upper last year so must be a great relief.

Thank you for the virtual hugs and commiserations. I'm happy with our Upper, he sadly wants to go to Grammar with his DF :(

.. and for others getting sad news I can honestly say one of our DC is doing better at this particular Upper than he did at his Grammar. There is definitely something to be said for being one of the high-fliers at a less academic school. T'is a confidence thing.

Now just don't anyone mention the word VR or I am liable to blow :twisted:
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

So sorry Tolstoy
worried_mum

Post by worried_mum »

DS passed with with good score :).

He worked really hard. Congrats to everyone who passed !!

Best wishes everyone. All the kids worked really hard .
Mickey1

Post by Mickey1 »

:( DS and I got home after work and school to find Dad had opened letter. Cried bitterly when he was told he had not passed - mark for VR uncharacteristically low and where he lost marks. Think he may have gone out of sequence on answer sheet... Anyway he calmed down after a while of being consoled (I had a little cry too under the duvet so he would not see me), went to pick younger sister from school, only for us to walk past some kids from RLS, at which point the tears started afresh!
Just so awkward having to deal with questions about his results and the expectation that most people had of him - don't want him to lie to people but a simple "No I did not pass" does not seem enough..people want to know how much you failed by.....
Congrats to all those whose DCs passed...I wish I was over on your side celebrating too:)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now