Low Score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sweets3

Low Score

Post by sweets3 »

Congratulations to all those who got the scores they wanted!
Although, I know there are lots that didn't despite also working hard.
I was doubtful that my child would get 121 but was so very surprised by the score and feel something must have gone very wrong on the day as it doesn't really make sense/reflect capability. Sadly, a remark doesn't look as if it would offer any useful info (not about changing the score) but just an insight into what might have happened.
Is anyone else in the same position? Very disappointing not to understand but sadly that's how it is.

Good luck all.
MamaBear

Re: Low Score

Post by MamaBear »

sorry to hear your news sweets3, i have sent you a pm.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yes we are in a similar position sweets3 :( Why don't you have a look at the appeals section. There is information on appeals and reviews (some of which were successful despite low scores).

Also what are your non-grammar options like. We are lucky and I appreciate that but hard working DC can succeed even in poorly performing schools. I have seen friends DC do this.

Commiserations for now you are not alone. Xx
missmarple

Post by missmarple »

Lots of sympathy - what a difficult situation for you.

I did hear from several parents that many children found the layout confusing. Apparently in the second paper, the example questions for the numeracy section was given in one format but the actual questions required the child to put the answers in a different section of the answer sheet. Some children realised that they were putting the answers in the wrong place and had time to rub them out and redo them, however, I suspect that many children did not realise that they had made a huge mistake. It will be interesting to see if anyone gets their raw scores and can compare the marks for paper 1 with paper 2.

I also think that the standard was very high this year. Children are being tutored to the max, we are seeing more and more entrants from out of county and this will inevitably make it harder to pass.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now