How much is enough for swbgs?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MrsChubbs

Re: How much is enough for swbgs?

Post by MrsChubbs »

Sally-Anne wrote:Whoa, folks! I think the rant is probably somewhat misplaced here.

Desimom makes it clear that she is in catchment for SWBGS, although I suspect that she lives in the Berks part of the catchment area, so she isn't necessarily going to have had the same amount of information automatically fed to her by schools and the system as a whole.

Her DC took Bucks and Berks, which people have done forever.

Although it would be nice to think that everyone who submits their child for 2 or 3 (local) tests/schools for which they might be eligible will read and recall every line of each admissions policy, that is wishful thinking. Even when they do, people can still misunderstand the system, get things wrong, get confused, etc.

Some people will remember the mum who forgot to submit her address evidence for DCGS on time (even before the 1st April deadline was introduced), and it eventually transpired that there was not only a sibling connection but it was her third DS!

Desimom has clearly read up enough to find out that she lives in SWBGS catchment, she knows that score is important for Slough, and all she has done is get her wires crossed between Slough and Bucks.
Apologies Desimom in this instance. My general observation is, unfortunately, unchanged. :cry:
desimom

Post by desimom »

Thank you Sally-Anne for taking time to read my post :)

For the others - For your information -
1. I live in berks, and am in catchment for BOTH Borlase and Kendrick. I moved into this catchment few years back so that my kids wont have to travel too long for school. The 11 plus is not a whim or random decision. Every member of my family is involved and done their bit.
2. I have been following this forum for past 2 years when I started preparing my DD for her exam. I have read both Kendrick and Borlase admission rules and visited these schools numerous times.
3. After reading everything for so long we had come to conclusion that as long as you pass the exam and are in catchment you have good chances of getting in. So we stopped fretting and concentrated on work.

My question arised out of panic when I saw many kids IN CATCHMENT getting much higher scores than my DD. Is it wrong to ask a simple question and expect a simple answer on this forum? I am shocked and disappointed with these responses.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi desimom

I'm happy to have put matters right. I hope that you will forgive the reaction from loyal, regular and helpful members, but they are also people who are just very tired of seeing "tourists" abusing the whole GS system.

You are not one of those people, so please don't feel disappointed by their responses.

(<C'mon, you lot, just crawl back here and say sorry. No? Well, OK, I've done it for you ...>)

Your DD should get a place at SWBGS. If you need any confirmation of that, please PM me, and I will look into it for you.

S-A
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Hi

I apologise if I jumped to the wrong conclusions - you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and for that I'm truly sorry.

I also apologise for not posting this sooner but it seems getting my son to do his Spanish homework is more challenging then I had expected :D

If you decide to put SWBGS on your caf I'm sure you'll get it - the only problem would be 120 catchment people living closer.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sorry too! You were a victim of Bucks people seeing constant posts from people who live miles away & know nothing of the Bucks system, and have sat every 11 plus in the country.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you, kittymum.
kittymum wrote:If you decide to put SWBGS on your caf I'm sure you'll get it - the only problem would be 120 catchment people living closer.
:?: For at least 5 years, SWBGS has allocated places beyond catchment.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Sally-Anne wrote:Thank you, kittymum.
kittymum wrote:If you decide to put SWBGS on your caf I'm sure you'll get it - the only problem would be 120 catchment people living closer.
:?: For at least 5 years, SWBGS has allocated places beyond catchment.
Sorry my intention was to show the surety of the offer of a place - it is clearly unlikely there are 120 catchment people living closer - I was trying to be friendly not obtuse :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No problem, kittymum. :D
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Ahhhhh, group hug time :D

Pleased to see we are all still smiling.....,and kitty mum so pleased for you and your family :)

S-A.....missing you!

Sona
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So why were parents discussing Bucks scores in the first place, just to boast?

Can we petition admissions for a change in the 'qualified' letter then it would stop all this nonsense?