Wycombe high school - feedback please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_parent

Wycombe high school - feedback please

Post by berks_parent »

Hi there
Any feedback on WHS compared to Burnham and SWBS?.
I am filling up the CAF form and would like to get some info please

thanks
kittymum

Re: Wycombe high school - feedback please

Post by kittymum »

Don't know anything about Burnham but SWBGS and WHS are massively different. Which does your dd prefer? Which is the easiest journey? What was your feeling when you visited?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The main difference is that one is single gender & the other two mixed. Apart from that, as kittymum says, they are very different schools. Where are you based & what did you think when you visited?
scary mum
ptolemy

Post by ptolemy »

DD is in year 8 at WHS and has enjoyed her time so far. As stated in other threads, the pastoral care is excellent and whenever I have approached the school to discuss issues, they have given me sound advice and handled everything well. She has made some good friends and although the groups have been shuffled more than once, friendship issues were dealt delicately by the school and the girls are more settled now. I also feel she is being challenged with the right amount of homework without being too pushy. There is a wide choice for extracurricular activities and she has found something or the other every term so far to participate in. She has become more confident and knows where to ask for help when needed. All in all, we have been happy with our choice!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now