Size of next year's cohort (are you there, Sally Anne?)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest1663

Size of next year's cohort (are you there, Sally Anne?)

Post by Guest1663 »

I was just wondering (for next year) if anyone knows whether there are any figures indicating whether the size of Bucks cohort is on a downward or upward trend - I'm hoping there wasn't a sudden upward blip in the birth rate for 1997-8. :D

Sally Anne seems to know quite a bit about size of cohorts, so if you or anyone is able to answer this I'd be very grateful!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pupils on roll January 2007 - current Y5s were in Y4 so you can compare - of course this ignors out county applicants and any moves since then.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... n_roll.asp
Guest1663

Post by Guest1663 »

Great - many thanks! I'll have a look at that.

Best regards.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:Pupils on roll January 2007 - current Y5s were in Y4 so you can compare - of course this ignors out county applicants and any moves since then.
It also excludes private school pupils, although their numbers are presumably fairly constant.

It looks as though the next "blips" will be for the birth years 2000 (all those Millennium babies!) and 2001. That said, the increases should still manageable within the current number of grammar school places.
Guest1663

Post by Guest1663 »

Thanks, Sally-Anne - I do actually have a younger child born in 2001 and if current Y5 child succeeds in securing a place then at least there will be a sibling link. I try not to think that far ahead, though, as the system can change so much in a few years - who knows, grammar schools might not even exist by then :roll: ...or there'll be one in every town! :o